Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Is nitrous cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Is nitrous cheating?

spector i thought about the cam thing too, and nick ur god dam right i know i will end up spraying to it just makes me feel dirty hahaha lmfao idk theres just somthing about it i like all motor and the bottle is just like a cheater but in a good way so yeah ur way right i will end up gting the same dam kit as u when i get my cam put in ...lol i fell into the spray trap with ur car damit lol

Old 06-13-2007, 07:45 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

i think the bottle is cheating for one reason in that once you spray you out and your car is not that fast again until you fill it back up you put an exaughst on and the power stays its a tempory over increase the power
i can spray numerous times before my bottle runs out, at the track with 98ss i sprayed 5 times and still had 1,000 PSI

and i never thought about a cam being cheating, but i could easily swap in an LS6 cam and springs and nobody would even be able to hear a difference

Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
2nd Gear member

yeah i thought about that but i want the lopy sound so im going biger but dam nick u got me hooked

Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: nickdotcom

ORIGINAL: BigNic

i think the bottle is cheating for one reason in that once you spray you out and your car is not that fast again until you fill it back up you put an exaughst on and the power stays its a tempory over increase the power
i can spray numerous times before my bottle runs out, at the track with 98ss i sprayed 5 times and still had 1,000 PSI

and i never thought about a cam being cheating, but i could easily swap in an LS6 cam and springs and nobody would even be able to hear a difference
exactly,anybody here ever watch pinks? during the look around, the nitrous is the only things the guys KNOW ABOUT! [8D]
Anything else they just speculate because they dont know anything about cam specs, head work, displacement, compression, any of that good stuff. the only concrete thing they know is "i see a couple silver lines running in therr...."

Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

If you say nitrous is cheating then you have to include turbos and sc's too.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

they will just tell you that nitrous is cheating because the increase in air comes from a bottle...

i've also heard the arguement that nitrous is cheating because anyone can hook it up and it takes no skill.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
4th Gear Member

It's not cheating...do what it takes...

HOWEVER, if someone who uses nitrous will definetely see the drawbacks themselves so in a way it's cheating yourself...

Power all the time > power for 1 shot

Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Ninja Administrator

except that i actually like torque

Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: nickdotcom

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

they will just tell you that nitrous is cheating because the increase in air comes from a bottle...

i've also heard the arguement that nitrous is cheating because anyone can hook it up and it takes no skill.

They have never tried to hook up a ZEX kit with heater, TPS, FPSS, Purge, window switch and trying to keep it clean. LOL. Nitrous is noting more than a chemical reaction that increasing the intake charge by making the air more cool and condensed. If nitrous is cheating then alcohol injection, and methanol injection for SC and turbos must be cheating too.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:25 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: 98ss4REAL

ok im cut in half yes an no but i personaly like all motor but nitrous is a very cool upgrade, i just think its cheating because ricers in mn have a stock import an throw a 300 shot with a big *** tank an fly around thinkin there fast when in all , they only have a bottle and a cheap *** car, compared to a nice camaro ss that comes with power, so i say yes in a way but then agian i wanna get some thnx to my good pal nick lol because its pretty sweet, this is just to touchy for me hahaha
LOL so you add a 500 shot to that big V8 and blow his doors off. Most 4 bangers cant run more than a 75 shot and that depends on the car yes some of the H22 guys and K20s are running 100-125 wet and DPI. But its still only going to makehigh200son the groundand traction is going to be a big problem. Plus its not going to last veary long. They will go boom and we will still be running a bigger shot fora long time in our F-bodys.

Quick Reply: Is nitrous cheating?