Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

MusicMan is going nuts again

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default MusicMan is going nuts again

Long story short, I'm buying an L67 top swap from a local guy in the GP club for $100. Yeah....it'll be going in my Camaro. lol, just when I get my NA engine plans all figured out, this happens. Now I just have to make it look like this:

Name:  SSPX0078.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

VERY VERY NICE. The only down side i can see is its highly restrictive in the bends . It but the LT1 style TB is a plus.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Its a cool idea but i dont see you pulling a lot of power out of the old girl with out heavy mods. Maybe a 40HP gain after changing the heads and upgrading the fuel system. HP tuners might also be a good option for tuning because as you well know its all going to be in the tune.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

If I was going to go NA (which WAS my plan), I was going to do ZZP CNC ported heads, a very aggressive cam, double roller chain, heads would be milled to raise compression, arp head studs, cometic mls headgaskets, and a few other goodies. Then a dyno tune at the end. It would make 300 horse at the crank with that setup, and it's fairly affordable (under 2 grand).

IF I do this SC conversion, then I would do a cam, double roller chain, thicker headgaskets, and a pulley. But each build would be almost equal in cost, one is a pain in the rear to make work properly (SC), one is bolt on. If anything, I'll get the top swap, and put it away since I want a GP someday. Then there's the chance I might not get it, depends on the condition. It's all up in the air, but one way or another I'll have a very quick six.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Overdrive Member

Do you often refer to yourself in the third person? Haha. I think you should stick with option N/A.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 02StanGT
Do you often refer to yourself in the third person? Haha. I think you should stick with option N/A.
On occasion

I'm liking the NA option too, it would be so much easier to do than the l67 conversion.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
2nd Gear member

I dont mean to be a downer hear, but arent you the one who rains on everyone else saying this swap is too much work and a waste of time and money? Just wanted to clarify.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Correct. There's a reason why I'm shying away from it

Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Not trying to say it would not be cool. But a 300 horse NA 3800 would probaly have much more potential then the SC. In fact unless you can change up that neck on the intake you are probably going to be limited some wear around the 250 range. You could always look into a turbo set up if you are looking at a FI set up or of course a built build your engine NA with a little room for spray on top.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

The supercharger has much more potential than an NA engine. With a pulley, cam, injectors, and a tune, the six could easily make more than 300 to the wheels. Problem is that there's a t5 and a 10 bolt on the way there, snap.

lol, speaking of difficult mods, I just put ONE of my bilstein shocks on the front today. Boy that was a hoot, still got the other side to do yet.

Quick Reply: MusicMan is going nuts again