New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Member from South GA

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Default New Member from South GA

Hey my name is Will Jones. I have been looking over this site here lately for some advice on a build that I am about to start. Heres a little info on me. I am 24 years old now and have always loved cars and horsepower! I currently farm for a living but I also have a diesel performance shop on the side that pays for the racing I do with my diesel truck. I know tons about diesels and some about gas engines just not much about older cars and restoring them.

About the project Im about the start: I am currently engaged to a girl that is as crazy about cars and horsepower as I am! Thats where the Camaro comes in. Her favorite car has always been the Gen 1 camaros. So for her wedding present I am going to buy her one as a project for us to work on together.

The plans for the car are some form of LS engine with forced induction (most likely procharger) and an updated interior with all the modern stuff like A/C and power windows, leather, etc. I am considering going ahead and back-halving the car and tubing it for a wide rear tire. Updated suspension of some sort, still not sure on this. Thats where the help from yall will come into play.

I have located a 69' that I am most likely going to buy. The guy is a friend and he is wanting $3500 for the rolling chassis but I think I can talk him down some on that. It has a few rust holes in it but the floor pan has already been replaced. It has all the glass and about $1000 worth of parts that go with it that he purchased when he was going to do it as a project.

I cant wait to get started on it as I love projects!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums, Will. Be sure to start a project thread if you want. We all like show & tell, especially when it's a 1st gen.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Hey Syrup