New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

new member from Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Default new member from Chicago

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum to read posts about their Camaros, I just sold our 2012 SS because it was too much car for my wife, it was her daily driver which she drove from the south suburbs of Chicago into her Job in the city , a 45 minute drive on city streets and in city traffic and the car was a stick. We got the car in the beginning of summer when she was off work, she's a special ed director and has a good portion of the summer off, so the car was fun, once school started back it became not so fun, the city took its toll on the car almost immediately, I had kooks long tube headers on it with a flowmaster kit behind that, the car was tame until you opened it up which she did and was pulled over and givin warning tickets about show of excessive speed and loud exhaust,those came off that weekend and all the stock stuff was put back on, what BS. Anyway she's driving my Tahoe and making my life miserable because she says the Tahoe is too big. All I want is peace and tranquillity, heck I'm stuck driving my beater shop pickup. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the 6 cylinder Camaro's as a daily driver and do I get a 1LT or 2LT, is the RS package worth it and what do everyone with convertibles think of them. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums

Old 10-30-2013, 03:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by the polisher
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum to read posts about their Camaros, I just sold our 2012 SS because it was too much car for my wife, it was her daily driver which she drove from the south suburbs of Chicago into her Job in the city , a 45 minute drive on city streets and in city traffic and the car was a stick. We got the car in the beginning of summer when she was off work, she's a special ed director and has a good portion of the summer off, so the car was fun, once school started back it became not so fun, the city took its toll on the car almost immediately, I had kooks long tube headers on it with a flowmaster kit behind that, the car was tame until you opened it up which she did and was pulled over and givin warning tickets about show of excessive speed and loud exhaust,those came off that weekend and all the stock stuff was put back on, what BS. Anyway she's driving my Tahoe and making my life miserable because she says the Tahoe is too big. All I want is peace and tranquillity, heck I'm stuck driving my beater shop pickup. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the 6 cylinder Camaro's as a daily driver and do I get a 1LT or 2LT, is the RS package worth it and what do everyone with convertibles think of them. Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard!

A Camaro 2LT/RS would be an excellent choice for you. If you need help narrowing some options down, you're more than welcome to contact me privately.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care