New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Default New member

What's up everyone. I'm new here... (obviously). lol. but anyways i have been thinking about buying a 92 rs for a while now. the story with the car goes...

i used to have a very good friend named bobby. bobby built 3 camaro's when we were in highschool, all of them 3rd gens. the second one he built was an iroc383 strokerwith over 400 horse w/ a posi rearend and a tremec t5. bobby crashed that one into a tree off of Interstate 4 in Florida. he salvaged the drivetrain out of it, put it in another 3rd gen camaro, finished the bodywork and thenunfortunately died in it 6 months later. during the time between finishing the 3rd camaro and crashing it- the 6 month period- he helped another good friend of ours begin building a 92 rs. bobby never had a chance to see the 92 rs finished, but it is finished now.SBC 350 small blockengine is completely reworked usingnew rings etc,bored .30 over makingit a 355w/ stainless forged pistons and stainless forged valves, solid lifters, roller rockers, custom ported 2.02 heads flowing about 220 w/ a tall cam (ill get you the specs on it later today) holley dominator dual plane high rise intake, holley 600 carb and long tube headers.it is pushing 430 at the rear wheels, w/ a turbo 350 automatic w/ a reverse patternmanual b&m ratchet shifter. it has a stronger custom driveshaft going into a power trac posi rearend w/ 4:10 gears. the brakes were fully reworked w/ a line lock installed. it has new fully adjustable control arms and fully adjustablehotchkiss suspension all the way around. and last but not least 16" rims.

when my friend finished the rs... he decided that he didnt want it anymore because everytime he looked at it he thought of bobby. he told me that if i wanted it, i could have it for ... 3500... only because i am a friend. he said if i didnt want it that he would sell it to a guy that had offered him 9000 cash at the track. this car has been driven less than 1/4 a mile since it was finished. everything is new except for the paint. and it isnt that bad- no rust and a straight body. rebuilt engine rebuilt trans rebuilt rearend rebuilt suspension rebuilt brakes. basically it would be just like a new car aside from it having faded white paint, and an unpainted black 4" cowl (cowl necessary to clear the engine... hole cut in hood looks tacky).

so i have been thinking for a day or so and i think im gonna buy it. i would be foolish not to. worst case scenario i could resell it and make my money back. does anyone have any opinions?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: New member

sounds like a good deal to me id jump on it,welcome by the way

Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Default RE: New member

thanks. im in the process of getting the loan right now. =)