New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New here

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Default New here

Hey guys I am new here, my name is Greg I am from Long Island I have loved Camaros since a little kid my brother had one when he was 17 and at that age I was 6 he would always take me for rides in his 79 Z28 Blue built from the ground up Camaro, I remember the day he sold it got a Fiero had that for a year sold it then bought a 91 Camaro. Sold that about 7 Years ago.. I do have an obsession with Camaros they are my favorite cars, I want one specially the older ones, but being that I am 19 years old and not too mechanically intelegent when it comes to car motors (I have worked on ATV motor and Chasis so I have some what of an idea) I really want to get a gem when I am looking at Camaros and nothing to expensive.

And the type of Camaro I am looking for really the 2nd/3rd Generation, I would never be able to afford a 1st generation especially the one I imagine it being...

But if anyone has anytips here where to look, I already looked on ebay saw a few nice ones but they already seem like they will go out of my price range (4-5thousand dollars)

and in my checking account I only have 5K w/ no job, right now I drive a Accord LX 4dr with 140k miles, so if I were to try and squeeze some money and sell that I probably wouldn't get to much.

But like I said earlier if anyone is from Long Island and has any tips to where to look and find any gems and maybe get lucky to get a gem please let me know

Thanks
-Greg

Ebay Findings
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chevy...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MINT-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: New here

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your hunt. Do you have any pic's of the old Camaro's?.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 PM

I do they are regular pictures though and I dont have a scanner... I'll try taking a picture on my digital camera...

Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
4th Gear Member

gotta get one...

Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good luck on your search. You can check out our 'for sale' section on these forums.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

gotta get one...
You mean I gotta get a Camaro?

haha yeah I know, but I want to get one that is ok to ride and don't really run into problems and that will cost me 2000$ to fix. When and If I do get one I will be putting aftermarket stuff on it anyways or brand new parts on it anyways.

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

Good luck on your search. You can check out our 'for sale' section on these forums.
Keeping my eyes peeled for ones in the Tri-State Area.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM

How much would you guys pay for this Camaro, I may take a peek at this one in a week or so.... It didnt budge pass 3550 on E-Bay. The guy lives about 20-30min away from me

-Greg