New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

i have a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Default i have a question

hey guy s i have a question about my engine of why my ' secvice check engine ' light comes on ... some people say that its because of there s alot of miles on it but idk so any info would be nice and appreciated . Thank you

Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: i have a question

Well if the car runs great, then there probably isnt anythingdrastically wrong.. my suggestion is totake it to autozone and have them run a diagnostics on it really fast to see if it is anything major (probably a bad o2 sensor or something stupid like that) Also they should erase the code(s) then your light will be off

Old 06-28-2007, 09:19 AM

I agree with autozone. Mine has been on for 4 years (don't shoot me guys). I asked a mechanic when i first bought it and he said O2 sensors. I finally got those replaced about 6 week ago light is still on though. I'm not paying to have the thing reset because it's just a light at this point. I think of it this way, It's the light that lets me know the wiring and bulb are working.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
4th Gear Member

yes the car knows it has a lot of milage and puts the light on for ****s and giggles.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the info and help guys and girls lol but i will deff. see if autozone can do there magic .... also i would ve repalied back sooner but i dont know how to use this forum sorry about that .... i ll let yall know how it goes and see what they say ..... oh yea is there any car meets on this forum ? if so please let me know thanks ......

Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Droid

If the light is on there is a problem, so don't complain if the car is not running as good as it should, burning too much gas, or decides to leave you stranded.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Here is my story...and solution. Service Engine Soon light came on, but car ran ok for several trips. Went to Harbor Freight store where I bought the best OBDII code reader they had....$49.95. Went back to the car, plugged it in, it said "No codes". Asked me if I wanted to erase, and since there were no code I said yes. Turned ingition off, removed the reader, started the engine, and the light was gone!
I know at some auto supply stores you can buy their reader (for hundreds of$), check your car, then return it for a full credit. But I don't know of any shop that will do this for $50, so I say my reader has paid for itself.
If you don't have a Harbor Freight store, they have a web store.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:19 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

like pete said if the lights on its not to let tell you that everyting okay so while there may be nothing big going on now it may snoball and cause other problems i would defenatly go get it coded one rule never doubt pete......

Old 07-01-2007, 04:54 PM

I had the same problem - diagnostic test said no codes. Someone told me the sensor in the intake could be oily? (I use K&N filter) and it was.
Cleaned the same and light went out.

You can also disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes and the computer will re-set and the light will go out!

I also have a question, however:

Any advice on replacing the spark plugs on right hand side of the engine? From the top? From the bottom?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:46 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: camarogrl11

hey guy s i have a question about my engine of why my ' secvice check engine ' light comes on ... some people say that its because of there s alot of miles on it but idk so any info would be nice and appreciated . Thank you
Because there is a need for it to be on. Get it looked at.

Quick Reply: i have a question