New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to GM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Default New to GM

Let me start off by by introducting myself, my name is Philip, I live in Virginia and recently bought a 2010 Camaro SS, let me say that this is the first Chevy that I have owned and I am very impressed with this car, seems that the follks at GM put a lot of time and effort into the entire car from the interior to the drive train, and to me it seemed a bargain for price, Great performance and awesome styling. The other thing that I was impressed by is the amount of aftermarket parts available for this platform, and it seems that with a minimum amount of $ you can get a bigger bang for the buck as compared to say Ford or Dodge or those other guys.
Now, with that that's out of the way I am probably posting this in the wrong area on this forum. But I would like to get a recommendation from you veterans as to which exhaust system you would recommend. I want to replace the entire system from the stock headers to the exhaust tips, I've done some looking on the internet for this but its seems a little confusing to me some say full exhaust and only go from the cats back, some don't include the headers, and some don't include the high flow cats, so I firgured I would ask the experts. I haer KOOKS mades great headers, but I don't know what remaining pieces I would need to complete the part of the project so if you guys don't mind jumping in please let me know which complete system you recommend.

My last question for now is when you replace the whole exhaust system will the MIL llight come on, if so what is the fix for that.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to talking to everyone in the future.

Phil

Old 04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the camaro forums and congrats on the new toy!

Post the questions you have regarding your exhaust system in the 5th gen section(Link provided).

Good luck, and nice to meet ya Phil.

5th generation section of the forum: https://camaroforums.com/forum/fifth-generation-34/

-c4maro

Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay philip were are the pictures, lol gota have pictures. look at corsa. like c4 sayin ask in the 5th gen section. welcome to the forum. enjoy.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum Philip, post up some pics. And for your question, got with long tube headers, any brand will really be the same. get a full system from magnaflow, borla, corsa, flowmaster, any name brand will be about the same performance wise, only difference will be the sound. For sound you're just going to have to listen to some sound clips and figure out which one you like best.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 2010 Camaro so freakin sweet

The new Camaro's are so freakin sweet man. If I wasn't so set on restoring my 73 I would buy one. I'm new to the forum as well, but I'm sure you have come to the right place for some advice.