New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

new camaro owner, 94 v6

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Default new camaro owner, 94 v6

Hello all. I bought a '94 Camaro about 3 weeks ago and figured I'd join up here and share pics of my restoration photos. I picked it up for $1500 and it runs and drives great. The body looks suprisingly good but the car was filthy and the interior needs a lot of work. The previous owner or owners had trashed it and had done what seems to be absolutely no maintenance except what was necessary. They guy I bought it from says the clutch was replaced recently, he said he had the receiptand it seems to have a great lockup so I have no reason to doubt it. It runs and drives great, even though it is just a V-6. I have owned 3 camaros previously as well as a smokey and the bandit T/A so I am not new to F-bodies. I was also previously a mechanic so I am quite capable of doing any mechanic work as well as interior work.
I am going to list all things that I have fixed so far and what still needs fixing:

The accessory fuse was wrapped in wire- Replaced fuse, did not blow when replacing so it was just pure laziness the previous owner pulled
Rear hatch did not stay up on its own power- Replaced lift cylinders
Passenger window stuck halfway down- Replaced window motor
Driver window moved inches at a time before stopping- Replaced window motor
Some tail light bulbs out- replaced all light bulbs
Headlight out- Replaced both low beam headlights with Halogens
Rear window tint completely blurry- Had tint replaced
Stereo missing-Had tint shop install new head unit and alarm system with keyless entry
Air bag was hangin' out and air bag light was on- replaced fuse and bolted airbag into place
Door keys missing, previous owner thought I would have to get the door locks rekeyed- Haha, just took title in my name to chevy dealer andtheymade up new keys on the spotfrom the vin # for $2
Glove box hanging open with the latch locked- Worked fine when I got the new keys from the dealer
Headliner and sun visors tattered-Had some southside mexican upholstery shop replace it in a couple hours and redo the sunvisors allfor $100

Driver power mirror missing the motor *the mirror glass was underneath the passenger seat
Door lock and power window switch tab broken causing it to stick out of the door panel- ordered one from chevy dealer, just waiting for it to get in
Wipers not working, passenger side wont work, just moves like it's stripped out, drivers wiper only comes up half way and sticks up when it's done
Steel wheelswith chrome hubcaps, actually do not look too bad but will be replacing with big rims with low profile tires
Bra is tattered and the paint underneath is too nasty to just take it off, to be expected from damn car bras
Check engine light is on, has something to do with with the steering column replacement and the vats system disabled I think
Horn is not working, also and issue with the steering column replacement- Have one on I won in an ebay auction on the way for good replacement parts
Interior is worn/stained- I'm going to reupholster the door panels myself with leather and have the seats refinished with black leather and white panels down the center. I'm going to replace the carpet myself, not sure where I am buying it from yet. Plastic panels are gray and scratched up, not sure what I am going to do with them yet, I have been reading about painting them so I think I am goin' to clean them off and paint them black.
Missing the plastic panel that covers the spare and also the jack, tire iron and the screw or screw parts that hold the spare in place.
Speakers are cheap paper cone speakers that need replacing
Driver seat motor does not move the seat forward or back but moves in all other directions.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: new camaro owner, 94 v6

Wow, sounds like you've done alot to that car. Sounds great, seems like you're getting good deals on everything. You should post up some before and after pics. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the good welcome. I'm gonna pull up the receipts from the last few weeks and keep a running tally on the cost of the parts and post that in my sig.

I tried posting some pics but it timed out. I'll try again now....ahh now I see, 500kb size limit.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:28 AM

lemme try again

[IMG]local://upfiles/9555/DFE2F77B28B1457AAF86AA5DCC82DA37.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Nice ride and welcome aboard