New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

need help on chosing a camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Default need help on chosing a camaro...

hi, just joined the forums. I really need some feedback about which camaro i should get, i don't know much about them (i'm more of a truck guy) and i wanted to buy one. i really like the looks of the iroc-z but i have no idea which years or models have what types of engines. i was looking at 2 that are for sale in around my area. the first is still second gen, it s an 81, has a 305 with a 4 barel carb and the second is an 84...thats all they say in the ad. i would like to know a bit morea bout these cars before i go and take a look at them. i'm basicly looking for the model that is the funnest to drive( how easily can they spin the tires, cornering, any 0-60 times would be nice to know). theres also an 85 trans am for sale with a 305, is that prity much the same car as the camaro in that year right? and one last thing, in the 1982-1990 are they mostly v6's or v8's?....i want the V8!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: need help on chosing a camaro...

ORIGINAL: 450_Foreman

hi, just joined the forums. I really need some feedback about which camaro i should get, i don't know much about them (i'm more of a truck guy) and i wanted to buy one. i really like the looks of the iroc-z but i have no idea which years or models have what types of engines. i was looking at 2 that are for sale in around my area. the first is still second gen, it s an 81, has a 305 with a 4 barel carb and the second is an 84...thats all they say in the ad. i would like to know a bit morea bout these cars before i go and take a look at them. i'm basicly looking for the model that is the funnest to drive( how easily can they spin the tires, cornering, any 0-60 times would be nice to know). theres also an 85 trans am for sale with a 305, is that prity much the same car as the camaro in that year right? and one last thing, in the 1982-1990 are they mostly v6's or v8's?....i want the V8!

If it were me I would really take a hard look at them first .................... off the top of my head ....... well what does the 84 have ??? specs ???