New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

my black omen.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default more photos

ok I got some time to take a good look at the black omen.
so far I couldn't find any rust. so I gave it bath because I hate working on dirty cars.
I think it worth to fix up this camaro and add it to my other toy's .
I now have to fine a cheap parts car to get this one as runner. I have no problem with it not being a IROC OR Z-28. I'M glad it was a factory V6 with stick because that way I can mod any way I like and it NOT going to hurt the resale value any.
nothing worst than taking factory V-8 IROC OR Z-28 car and stripping the factory parts off to make non daily driver race/ hot street/ strip toy. sorry that’s WHY THEY MADE THE V-6/4 cylinder cars for. it not like you got V-6/4 cylinder cars for better gas mileage.

the 1974 ranchero I traded. was giving to me free and so was the rims that I put on it. it 302 EFI was out of my mother van when I replace there's and the c-4 was out of a car I parted out. so I can say this car has not cost me money-YET.

here more photos after her bath.
thanks for letting me hang out with my newest child. a 1987 camaro

Old 05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Hello and welcome

Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

omg, WHAT GOING ON HERE! I now have two of these cars. I swear there multiply like rabbits.
after finding out that I'm going to fix up the black omen. I check the local junk yards for a hood and all the wiring under the hood.
1-one yard wanted $200.00 for the stock flat hood and $150.00 for the stuff under the hood.
2- the other yard wanted to sell the hole car but no engine and tranny for $500.00 and the body did not have any straight panels on it.
3- yard was 100 miles away wanted to sell hole car but first pull the engine and tranny for $600.00.
so when they say hole car but no engine and tranny. is it still a hole car and how? sound like a roller to me plus when did a junk yard not take a engine out with wire cutters and blow torch. sorry, I need that under hood stuff not damage, hello!
so I put a add on local craigslist on Thursday night.
http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/1172812038.html
well I got a email from a guy that was 3 hour away, Friday night. saying I got a camaro for you. he tells me about how he got this camaro sitting in his yard for 5 yrs . he found out after getting the body ready for paint. that there not title and can't get one. I told him no problem, I don't need no sticking title. after talking for about a hour or so I have him talk down from $500.00 cash with nice tires and rims to $300.00 cash with no wheels.
so today at 1 pm. I start my drive 190 miles over to his place, to fine a 84 or 85 camaro depends what vin your looking at. as soon as I look at the car. the owner comes out and say's I have more parts for you than can fit in the car. well the 84/85 camaro is V-6/auto and every thing from the dash to front bumper there but not hood and it is stuffed from floor to roof with stuff! not sure, if it all camaro stuff yet.
. then he takes me to the other side of yard and there sits a IROC hood and front upper bumper with no dents/rips/tears plus a lot more plastic interior parts. I think ,he was getting out on the 1982 to 1992 camaro and unloaded on me.
remember those nice tires and rims , he says where on the car? well the aluminum rims where only good to put snow tires on and 3 tires where only 2/32 tread. not worth the extra $200.00 .so when we get the car over to the trailer . I tell him after I get it loaded. I will take his tires/wheels off and put mine on.
then he says I will sell those rims for $50.00 dollars more. dang ATM's AND my $300.00 LIMITS.
any way, I got home about 9 pm with my $300.00 parts car. it was fun because my son was with me and we talked alot for change. it hard for him to talk to me when there a computer or XBOX 360 hooked to his hands.
thanks camaro

Last edited by rancheronut; 05-17-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: where waldo
Old 05-17-2009, 01:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

here the copy of the craigslist i put in. just in case the link above not working ;

do you have USED UP firebird or camaro (MT)

Reply to: sale-g2mhc-1172812038@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-15, 3:05PM MDT

my owner is looking for 1984 TO 1992 camaro or firebird to fix me. he don't care what drive train you got. he don't care what shape your body is. heck, it don't have to even run because he has a trailer to tow it.
he not looking for a great daily driver because my body is good. I'm just missing parts from the engine compartment and under the dash and hood too.
he live on fix budget but can travel for the right car.
let him know what you have so I can enjoy the road again.

thanks
1987 camaro down on his luck.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

some one answer my camaro add! so here is the $300.00 1984 camaro parts car . I had to drive 3 hours one way to get it . I got it with out wheels. it came with a extra IROC hood and front bumper. it was filled from roof to floor pan ,from dash to rear hatch with stuff plus the car has no title and can't get one. which is good when I'm parting it out.

after I got this one home . I drain the oil out and then put in fresh oil/filter because it suppose to have been sitting for 5 yrs. some one had did a tune up and the air filter still look new. so I'm going to see how V6 runs. that way if it runs good ,I could swap the whole drive train into black omen. so THE BLACK OMEN would become a driver for now. then I could check out the so called rebuilt 305 condition done the road..

I found $2.00 of change in the car .when unloading the junk out. so that bring it down to $298.00 for the car. here photos of it;

today I sold the seats for $30.000, so that down to $268.00. I plan to move everything from dash to fire wall and every thing in the engine compartment on this 84 camaro to the 1987 black omen.

Last edited by rancheronut; 05-20-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: where walldo
Old 05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Welcome to the forum

Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok i put the IROC hood and front bumper on today to test fit the look. i now need to find the lower lip before
i can start the sanding and painting thing.
here some photos;

I'm not sure what year front bumper it is.
but the front plate bracket say Z28. so could this be a
Z28 nose instead of IROC. I don't know but I do like
this front end better than the cheesy one that was on there.

Last edited by rancheronut; 05-22-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: where walldo
Old 05-22-2009, 04:32 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Looks like the front bumper is from a 83-85, later models had a little bit of a lower lip on the bumper itself, before the lower lip.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

so is this good?

this is what I found in a chevy 350, that was pulled from a truck .i was going to use this block in the my 87 camaro.

I did plan to use the 305 crank and rods from the black omen engine for this block. the car sure live up to it name.

good news;just got off the phone so I'm going on a road trip tomorrow, to a near by city (98 miles away)to look and a complete 400 SBC that came out of a running car last week. wish my luck.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
2nd Gear member

welcome and that front bracket always says z28 mine did too and it was a v6, so do all of the others in the junkyard..

Quick Reply: my black omen.