New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

I WANT MORE HORSEPOWER!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Default RE: I WANT MORE HORSEPOWER!

ORIGINAL: badinfluenceRS

NOS is a brand...N20 is nitrous oxide

50-75 dry shot on a stock 3.8, you might get away w/ a 100 shot but it would be unsafe
I would not recomend a dry shot for simplistic application because the fueling would then have to come from the fuel injectors only. That then would require some type major fueling demand- piggyback, high volume fuel pump, etc to be able to lengthen the injector pulse width and volume. The injectors then may exceed there duty cycle if not up graded to larger ones. For street and safe applicationI would definitelyrecomend afogger system. Thatinjects nitrous and fuel out of the same nozzle into the air intake system and would not require any major or complicated fuel up grades. The fuel is tapped into the existing system and the additional fuel needed is there without disturbing the factory ECU's fuel map. Plus, this way you can take advantage of fuel"venturi'becauseF.I. systems and T.P.I.(tuned port injection) and M.P.I. (multi port injection) uses a dry air intake system. Carburetors utilize fuel venturi when wet fuel is runing through the intake manifold it cools down the chamber and creates leveled VE (volume efficiency).If you are planing to use dry shot- then you probablyknow exactly what you are doing and you are by far not a newbie because it is involved.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:13 PM

For added hp, and when i buy a car right off the bat, I do the following:

New headers
new header-back exhaust
high flow cat
light-weight pulleys
cold air or ram air intake(depending on weather/car/etc)
underdrive pulley

With the right combo that can net you anywhere from 20-40% hp boost.

Also, modified ecu or chipped ecu to adjust the a/f ratio, new plugs/wires, high pressure fuel pump, bigger injectors can do a world of wonder.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deuce

50-75 dry shot on a stock 3.8, you might get away w/ a 100 shot but it would be unsafe
I would not recomend a dry shot for simplistic application because the fueling would then have to come from the fuel injectors only. That then would require some type major fueling demand- piggyback, high volume fuel pump, etc to be able to lengthen the injector pulse width and volume. The injectors then may exceed there duty cycle if not up graded to larger ones. For street and safe applicationI would definitelyrecomend afogger system. Thatinjects nitrous and fuel out of the same nozzle into the air intake system and would not require any major or complicated fuel up grades. The fuel is tapped into the existing system and the additional fuel needed is there without disturbing the factory ECU's fuel map. Plus, this way you can take advantage of fuel"venturi'becauseF.I. systems and T.P.I.(tuned port injection) and M.P.I. (multi port injection) uses a dry air intake system. Carburetors utilize fuel venturi when wet fuel is runing through the intake manifold it cools down the chamber and creates leveled VE (volume efficiency).If you are planing to use dry shot- then you probablyknow exactly what you are doing and you are by far not a newbie because it is involved.
stock fuel system is good for 75 dry shot...100 you'll most likely need upgrades

oh and I wasn't trying to be negative...

Old 02-09-2007, 03:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes

a kid i went to highschool with had an Rs he was all excited on how fast it went just dont pull up to any v8's and race. stick withvolvo's andvans that should be enough. i dont like to lose so i only race school buses ,hey how many people do you know that can beat a vehicle with 500 hp with a pretty stock car..

Old 02-14-2007, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Deuce

stock fuel system is good for 75 dry shot...100 you'll most likely need upgrades

oh and I wasn't trying to be negative...
I know! just a stressful day at the work place![:@]But things are looking good now, I think this guy and I are going to settle on a 92 camaro so I can putthis496 in that I am presently building right know. He is just sticking to his guns. Car looks great, little rust, but the interior is in bad shape. It's being ripped out anyways. Also, I am pulling the Greddy turbos off the Z, somebody bought'em and I am putting her back to stock.I am going to put the money into the racecar. Whew! I am exhausted this week.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:13 AM
4th Gear Member

getter done...that'll be sick