New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

I Should've Been Here A Long Time Ago!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Default I Should've Been Here A Long Time Ago!

Since, I have a fear of dealer service managers, I end up grabbing people in parking lots, to talk to them about their Camaros.

Just found out by snooping that my new problem could be the catalytic converter on a .02 w/71k. Original owner. Awful tinny sound as I start up the car or acclerate. Still have problem w/power window motor, too.

This is the 3rd Camaro for me. I prefer this car to any other vehicle. Wish I could have a 2010. But, not too happen!

Noise in the steering column came about in a '95. Turned out to be a recall for a bolt. Had a new '95, for 3 mo. mainly in the shop. Finally, the dealer "lemoned it out". Second '95, low miles-after five years-sold to my daughter. She promptly ruined the car.

Last one, the '02, with noise in the column-groaning! Took dealer to the state for not complying. The state told the dealer to stop fooling around and fix it. It was a "hose" problem. Also, a recall. Hose on the column was not long enough.

Please, don't take out parts until you ask a lot of questions..or like me, GRAB people in the parking lots.

I would like to hear of any noise problems, with the catalytic converter. Have an appt. tomorrow. Supposed to be under a warranty. Good for me..bad for everyone that wants to make money, when I drive into the bay.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hi, welcome to the forum, sounds like you've learned a lot though your troubles with your past camaro's. It is a love hate relationship for sure. Could just be some of the internal mesh has just come loose, tends to make some sound like that. Nothing to really worry about, it'll come loose and get blown out after time. Or you could use this opportunity to get an high flow cat installed.