New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Howdy 94 z28 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Default Howdy 94 z28 6spd

Hey everyone! My name is Rob and I have been looking at purchasing a 94 z28 Camaro. As I am seriously considering this, and I like to be involved in auto communities, I figured I would join up.

I have a couple questions off the bat:
Here is the car I am looking at
Name:  camaro.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  155.8 KB
I also have the VIN (on my other phone that isn't with me)

It appears to be in great shape. There is some paint fade on the hood near the window, the weather stripping around the rear window is gone (but he has the new weather stripping) and there is a rip in the driver seat. Just small things. The body appears to be rust free and the underside is coated.

The current owner has owned it for 3 years and it came with the modifications it has (minus the wrap on the headers)
MSD ignition (was all he said)
Exhaust (not sure what. It sounds very nice but couldn't find any brand stamps I didn't crawl under it all the way)
Intake (again not sure just looked and filed it away in my head)
I took my step father with me to look at it and he said there was a sticker for "something suspension" under the hood (I didn't notice and he couldn't remember the name) I remember thinking it seemed a little low to the ground but it could be my imagination.
There might be more, I have only driven one other z28 but it seemed to have some guts.
Runs VERY strong, drives smooth. No shake in the steering wheel, turns smooth all and all was a very good test drive - has enough ***** to break the tires loose a little without REALLY hammering it going into 3rd.

It has 118k on it he is asking 5500 and said he was pretty firm on it. Any thoughts would be great, or if you all can come up with some questions to ask him I will add it to my list for the call back.

I did a lot of reading on these forums (probably logged a good 15 hours reading in the past couple days) and have picked up quite a bit. I would greatly value everyone's opinion !

Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by robbygz28

It appears to be in great shape. There is some paint fade on the hood near the window, the weather stripping around the rear window is gone (but he has the new weather stripping) and there is a rip in the driver seat. Just small things. The body appears to be rust free and the underside is coated.
I'd say the paint overall is a 7.5/10 (might be a little better after removing the gobs of wax) . It looks great at 60 lol

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, you should run the numbers at KBB.com and see what the blue book is. If you don't know the condition of something, make it the best it can be, then you know the high side for the car. It looks to be in good condition, but you should really take it to a garage you trust and have it looked over there.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by greenarrow
It looks to be in good condition, but you should really take it to a garage you trust and have it looked over there.
Unfortunately I do all the work myself so I have never been to a shop. (There was always shell in my driveway and a engine in my basement growing up lol)

I think I am going to go for it. As long as he isn't SUPER firm on the price. I also have to make sure it still has cats (as it would have to pass e-check here in Chardon Ohio). It isn't a huge deal if it doesn't, just means more work and a lower buying price =P

*edit* Also thanks for the welcome Green

Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Welcome!

Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM

Negative on the car. There was smoke on start up and you could see a mist of coolant under the hood (looked at it for the second time at night so we had truck lights shining on it)