New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Howdy

Howdy!
My name is Ian and I have an 87 Z-28 w/ carbuerated 305. I also drive a 98 Civic . But gas is expensive and I deliver pizza's.
Anyhoo, I plan on making it look all cool like an IROC, having T-Tops put in, going from the auto to 6speed, and maybe someday forced induction. This all depends on when I win the lottery, but that's ok too. I'd look around more, but I have to go to class. Hopefully school will send me some money soon and I can get my lil 'maro runnin smooth. I'll edit this to be more forum-friendly when I get time and know the site a little better.
Peace

EDIT
Okeedokee, So here goes again. I'd like to do some pokin' round here, see if and or how much boost a 305 will take, get some general technical ideas on where I can go. I have a bud with a pretty large cam in his 80 Camaro (has a 60-something 4-bolt-main from a 'Vette in it), and I want to be able to beat him someday. Course, I like A/C too, so I'm not going to go psyco-overboard on my car. Just want to have a nice cruiser, boost the crap out of it if I ever get the money, and learn as much as I can.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Howdy

welcome to the forum bro! You will find T O N S of info on here!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
January 2007 ROTM

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post some pics of your Z when you get a chance for the rest of us to see !!!!!!

Don't hesitate to ask some questions ...... we have plenty of sections in the forums that could relate to your question ....... try it out and see for yourself.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
June 2007 ROTM

boost r u running a turbo?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Turbo? Not yet, but hope to someday. If not in the Camaro then in my civic. I still have to do uber researching on the camaro, and then get the money to start putting things together to make 2+2=5. Till then it's just forum browsing when I get the time.

Oh yeah, pics... well, as soon as I can get the pics from my computer, get a new photobucket account (I've gone without internet for so long I don't remember any of my online names or passwords), and get the pics from our school compy's to photobucket, I'll do that. But, be warned, my car is quite the looker. Busted front end, few rust spots, some stray spraypaint... its hawt.

Previous owners beat the poor thing to death. The exhaust was flex-pipe running into a cheap muffler (More like a folgers' coffee can spraypainted silverish and covered in soot) and held on by insulated electrical wiring. Yay for redneck engineering! (I can say that, because my battery is held in place right now by some masking tape. Didn't want to part with a whole roll of duct tape.)