New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from the Black Hills

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Looks mean,I'll bet it's not much for gas mileage lol.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:50 PM

Its got a 16 gallon cell. He said that he drove it from Rapid to the Sturgis 1/8th mile (35 or so miles) race all day, and drive back on 6 gallons. But he said that's at about 50 mph.

So I checked it out tonight. Body isn't in the best shape, but it is very well put together. He didn't skip on anything or cut any corners. And man. Supercharged cars are a world different than turboed cars. Turbo lag is a ***** but that Camaro hit you off the first touch of the throttle.

It seemed to run awesome, even for being a car with competition style carbs and it being a bit chilly.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by motox-010
Its got a 16 gallon cell. He said that he drove it from Rapid to the Sturgis 1/8th mile (35 or so miles) race all day, and drive back on 6 gallons. But he said that's at about 50 mph.

So I checked it out tonight. Body isn't in the best shape, but it is very well put together. He didn't skip on anything or cut any corners. And man. Supercharged cars are a world different than turboed cars. Turbo lag is a ***** but that Camaro hit you off the first touch of the throttle.
No lag with a blower at all but it's on all the time,I'm skeptical about the mileage claims.
He'd have to be getting about 15 mpg min to pull that off, but who really cares it's a hotrod with a blower!
It's a pretty straight shot down the freeway from Rapid to the Sturgis dragway but 70 miles is 70 miles and then racing all day too?
You figure the 70 mile round trip and 6 gallons used would be about 11 1/2 mpg,that would be pretty good for dual quads and a blower but add in racing all day and it seems far fetched to me.
Nice car though,new paint and some nice wheels and you got the baddest ride on town 'eh.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Might do a quick and easy single stage paint job. But that's not really on top of the priority list right now. And I personally like the wheels. But first things first and I'm gonna take care of the vitals. It needs a trans flush. Oil change. Gonna check over the belts. I'm pretty sure that its all stainless braided lines from the tank to the carbs. Not too worried about mileage though. My Jeep got 12's and I'm not sure what my pickup gets. Haha