New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

great site,glad I'm here

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Default great site,glad I'm here

Hey everyone
its wannaride here, I owen a '94 Z28 and love her to pieces!! I bought her in Feb. of 2005 she was sitting in a used car lot screaming my name. She was abused by her last owner and I new with lots of TLC and money I'd get her back to perfection, Well as of today shes gotten lots and lots of TLC but not a whole lot of money
My husband and I just bought a new fixer upper 4000sq.ft. home around the same time and we have to completely remodel and thats where the moneys going for now.
My baby for the last month is just resting in the yard, shes not running right and I'm at a loss of why(I wash her every Thursday and put gas in it ) silly guys that was my "girlie" joke
I'm not sure if its got a cracked head or gasket problem.
her last owner gave me this to repair: 1. loss h.power (but I still race the young kids and win! the look on their faces are priceless when a girl bets ya)
2. fog light are wired wrong so they wont shut off 3. no interior light 4.one speaker works,rest is blown (but I got a 10 disk CD changer w/it) 5. badly ripped drivers seat
6. cruise control don't work 7. hight beams don't work 8.console cover hinge broke 9.exhaust pipes to high so it melted the bumper(sounds nice and loud though) 10. head light mount broke 11. bad tint job 12. badly cracked windshield 13. no heat (I've replaced heater coil last month but still only getting about 50 degrees) 14. badly cracked front bumper (I only use the bottom of the bra w/out the top on the hood it seems to give it a meaner look) 15. over spray on the weather stripping so its black and faded red. 16. cracked dash and last 17. the fan wired into the fuse box so it only shut off when the car was off (fixed that) so far I've only replaced the radiator, painted the camaro logo in rear black ,and painted on "bad *** toys ain't just for boys" above the camaro logo, thats what gets people to talk to me they love that saying young and old alike,I believe in fun, you only live once
but with all there is wrong with her, shes my baby and I would NEVER give her up ! I'll get her back to good health little by little, and what amazes me is I'm offered lots of cash for her almost everyday and if they only knew whats wrong with it they'd change their mind real quick, so I know I keep her "shell" nice and shinny shes a head turner around here and everyday I smile when I look at her, shes a dream I had come true! oh my other dream is my 2007 Harley Davidson 883 sportster.Hey what more could a girl ask for in life a camaro & a Harley=HEAVEN
theseName:  lovecar.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  28.5 KBare old pics of her...Name:  closecarsm.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  8.2 KBthis is her and I todayName:  bigblurcar.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  7.7 KBShe'll look like a yellow street legal drag car when I'm done with her. thanks for taking the time to check us out..... live,laugh,love often and have a great day[:-]

Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
June 2007 ROTM
Default RE: great site,glad I'm here

wow. sounds like u have ur work cut out for ya. has it ever been crashed? sad to hear what people do to cars today.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear member

love the hood

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
May 2007 ROTM

Damn good lookin car, welcome to the forum.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Thanks guys
I was told by the dealer I got her from that a 17 yr.old had it last and raced it, with lil help of nitro but I'm unsure of that cuz wouldn't my engine be in alot worse shape having used that?
my front bumper is cracked in a few places but it looks more like he hit something and stopped quick, nothings broke off , just big cracks the frame look good and I have no rust so I don't believe it was ever wrecked, one day I'll have to look that up
I give her 2yrs of all my repairs and she'll be a dream can someone tell me where all the "free" stuff is at?? lol
Name:  carbframe.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  17.8 KB

Old 08-02-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Love the ride.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM

Good Luck with the car! Sounds like a lot a work but DEFINITLY well worth it!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

there is free HP to be had by anyone, just do a search on here and see what you find. Most of it will be in the way of modifications to the engine and related items. As far a free stuff for the repairs...... not so much, www.craigslist.org sometimes has free stuff. Welcome to the forums! keep us posted on your progress.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:15 AM
June 2007 ROTM

those damn 17 year olds that just dont know.