New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

found my way here

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Default found my way here

Hi from Alabama here and thought I would Introduce myself before I started getting into all the threads. I had a 87 Iroc that my dad bought new and gave to me when I graduated. I went in the militarty and then overseas when I got stationed out west I took the Iroc with me and got into grudge racing at the local 1/4 mile track. The car began its transformation around that time. I went from stock to a tpi spec mini ram intake on a 383 with a built 700r4 trans from a local race shop. Had a ford nine inch and some other suspension goodies. I spent a ton of money on the car only to have it ripped away from me by a cop one night who ran a red light. I had the car finished for a whole 3 months and ran a high 11 sec 1/4 mile the first time at the track. I loved the car and all of a sudden she was gone.

Since that time I have gone to one newer camaro, old muscle car, a old 65 chevy truck, and a couple of other vehicles. The only problem was that none made me feel like the old camaro did. So today I bit the bullet so to say and bought a 92 rs 305 with a five speed from a friend at work. The body is straight and inside is not to bad. His son over heated the car a few times and it got to where it wouldnt start. I went with the trailer today and picked it up for 500. I figured for a car that has never been wrecked that wasnt a bad price.

So I have already started stripping her down. Plans call for another 383, a six speed, role cage, ford nine inch, and just about everything I did to my 87. I figured that combo worked so well Ill stick with it. After I get her all stripped down over the next couple of weeks Ill be getting ready to paint her a new color. Any way just wanted to say hi and hope to meet some people on here who have some stuff Ill need for sale LOL.[/align]

Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: found my way here

sweet project...welcome to the site

post some pics when u get a chance

Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
January 2007 ROTM

Welcome to the forums and thx for registering with us !! As stated before make sure you post up some pics of your project !!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM

well I will get some pics of her this weekend. I think Im going to start by pulling the 305 and detailing the engine compartment. I stripped down the 350 I have and hopefully will be getting the machine work done as soon as I get a 400 crank. The 350 engine is a older one with a 2 piece rear main. Doesnt someone make a adapter to goto a one piece rear main. I was thinking I had seen something like this years back when I built the last 383. Maybe Im confused with a 400 crank made for a one piece rear main.

So anyway after Im done with the engine and swaping in a six speed I was thinking of driving it till I was ready to paint it. Im not sure if that would be the best way to go about it though. Maybe after I get the engine and trannie done I should let her sit while I get all the seals and everything for the doors. What do you guys think would be the best order to do this in?