LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

worth the wait?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default worth the wait?

my opti went out...well pretty sure it did...been running bad last couple of days and now it won't start....cranks and cranks sputters and nothing...ok here's the thing msd has a new oem replacement for the opti...but as far as i know it's on back order untill mid jan. also heard it will be about the same price as the oem unit...so why not wait right? if it is as good as they say it is...they have actually vented the 94 version knowing that it was an issue with it not being vented....worth the wait right????

Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: worth the wait?

ORIGINAL: HURSTLT1

my opti went out...well pretty sure it did...been running bad last couple of days and now it won't start....cranks and cranks sputters and nothing...ok here's the thing msd has a new oem replacement for the opti...but as far as i know it's on back order untill mid jan. also heard it will be about the same price as the oem unit...so why not wait right? if it is as good as they say it is...they have actually vented the 94 version knowing that it was an issue with it not being vented....worth the wait right????
If it's not your main mode of transportation, It's awesome that it's a vented unit, but if you want to risk it, and replace it with a factory unit, that'll give plenty of time for other people to grab the MSD unit, and they could tell you whether it sucks or not. In other words, let someone else take the chance with it to see how it performs.

It's up to you. I'd probably replace it with a factory unit this time around, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a very long time to come. By the time it blows again, there will be plenty of people that have experience with the MSD unit.