LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Please help with wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Default Please help with wiring question

I will try to make a long story short. Purchased a 93 Z-28 as a fixer upper for my son who is 14. I bought it with a rod knock on the number 6 cylinder so i knew it would require a fairly deep rebuild. Keep in mind, I am not a professional engine builder, but i thought it would be a great accomplishment to do it myself. So, took the engine out, I see why the recommend taking it out from the bottom, not easy to take out of the top in one piece. I ended up replacing the crank, crank bearings, oil pump, pistons\rings, cam bearings, timing gears and chain, ect..... , wont bore everyone with the details. I have put alot of late nights in putting this thing back together, probably 50 plus hours. I have broken a few things along the way, primarily the dipstick tube, which i should be getting in the next couple of days.

I also caught the #5 injector plug between the engine and transmission. Didnt find this out until I torqued the tranny and converter bolts. And of course it was pinched right at the plug so there was not an easy way to repair, at my level, other than purchase a new one.

Which brings me to where i am now. I have left the passenger exhaust manifold off for now, since it looks like it will be easier to install the tube without the manifold in the way. Long story short, after all of this effort, and labeling as many parts as i could i am at a loss where one set of wires connects.

This is on the passenger side harness. The harness has the purple\red starter wire, the O2 sensor wire, and what looks two black chassis ground wires that are stuck together. Where do these two wires go? The last thing i want to do is blow the car apart because of a simple mistake after all of this. Please help.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Please help with wiring question

I am going to add to what i have posted before. Right now, I have hooked up those 2 black wires to the same post the purple starter wire attaches to the starter. Could these 2 black wires be the ground for the starter interrupt? It is the only thing i could find close.