LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

need help 383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

you're using all chinese crap in your engine and now you whine about it being made overseas? you make no sense bro.

perhaps you should talk to people who actually work with these engines on a daily basis for your research instead of googling things...but i guess we all know that all information in the internet is 100% accurate.

as i stated before, absolutely NOTHING wrong with eagle forged cranks. were we talking about eagle's cast cranks, i'd be singing a different song. but rob up there is building a car that will be beat on a hell of a lot more than any of our cars and he has no reservations about going with the eagle crank...and i'm guessing he won't have any issues stemming from the crank

Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

Dude, Eagle stuff is made in China, their is worse places for it to be manufactured, believe me.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

it doesnt matter where its made. your stuff is all chinese eagle is chinese eagle had a few crank problems back in the day but recently have been ok. i plan to spray the brains outta my motor and like whammer said i dont expect the crank to be a problem. there are a decent amount of high hp motors running eagle parts. lets just chill with this deal clearly noone is gonna agree. but to the op do your research on ls1tech ltxtech and here try to avoid googling

Old 02-17-2010, 04:48 PM

i got a idea lets agree to disagree i mean i am going to research my parts but they will be fordged parts i may try to save a little but i dont have a money tree

Old 02-17-2010, 04:57 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i know of a lot of guys that use the ohio crank company and if i remember right, they weren't too badly priced

Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

craz28. you better explain the crank bobweight again to him so we all can have a laugh

Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

O.K.? This is why your engines always destroy themselves when you buy a pre-balanced crank or assembly. They usually come with a bobwieght set very light. But, the fact is before bobweight can be set on a crank you need to know the weights of your rod(big and little end), pistons, rings, flywheel, add five grams for oil, yada, yada, yada before setting up the machine to find/cut bobweight!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM

was just woundering if someone could point me in the right direction on pistons i found a site that seems to be ok and the pistons look pretty good but i know jack crap about building it let alone the right way so http://www.northernautoparts.com/Pro...ProductId=2126 is the website
i am geting a dragon slayer crank per whammers advice just looking at the next thing ill need to buy to keep things moving so please let me know about these pistons and if they are crap or you know a better brand that is not a arm and leg please post

and as soon as i get my crank ill post pics

Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM

by the way whammer if you following this what is the price you paid for your crank just so i know what to exspect when i call them on friday to order it

Old 02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i, personally, would not go with a hypereutectic piston in my build...i'd always go with a forged piston at least. might be overkill for some motors, but as we all know, plans change. yeah you may not plan to spray it right now, but there's always that chance you want more power and you're going to spray it.

as far as pistons...diamond, SRP, mahle and speed pro are all a quality piston with diamond probably getting the edge in my opinion.

as far as the crank, you really couldn't pick a better crank. i believe mine was 900 bucks but totally worth it in the end. if theres one thing i'm not worried about in my engine, its the bottom end. best parts last

Quick Reply: need help 383 stroker