LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

LTCC (LT1-to-LS1 coil conversion) install

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 AM

Can't wait to see everything all done.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

does the system have tunablilty? and is there memory and ability to have multiple stages/tunes like a fast setup?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

it's not a computer or anything like that, it just controls your ignition. The LTCC control box just converts the signals from the optical portion of the opti, then controls the signals out to the 8 coils. The site for the box is on the first post, it'll tell you all about it there.

Just waiting on Bob to get back to me about a few questions I had about the wiring harness, once I hear back from him about those I'll be able to install the box. I'm going to put he valve covers on and put the plugs wires together today. I also got a silicone hose kit and a 52mm BBK throttle body I'm going to put on today.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

i had the ltcc set up to put on my project its pretty nice but i sold it and went with eficonnections.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

How hard was the 24X sensor to put into the cover? I've looked at that, but seems really complicated. Although really nice since you don't use the optical sensor in the opti for it.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

havent put mine on but you either need a 96-97 cover or one of their covers and it goes right in replaces the factory sensor

Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, I've seen people weld up their stock cover for it, which is probably what I would do.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i cant go with the efi setup, need to have a 4l60e and i have the 700r4/4l60 and i pumped to much money into it not use it. the big setback on the fast is it uses the opti for the cam/crank sensor and to deliver spark. ill have to see if i could use the ltcc with the fast setup.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

OK, did some work today. First I went and renewed my tags and passed emissions testing.

Silicone hose kit I'm putting in along the way.

How it started out, I know it's dirty I've been gone for four months.

Old TB off and tore apart.

The engine tore apart.

New BBK 52mm TB on.

And this is how I finished up today. I got one valve cover put on, all the hoses for the passenger side done and the TB put on. And some cleaning while I was at it, and three trips to ACE for bolts and lock tite.

Here's the LTCC brain mounted, it's going to set right in front of the fuse/relay box where the stock air box goes.

My toolbox I treated myself to while in Kuwait.

And just a little look at the rest of the garage. The last three bikes aren't mine, my bother-in-laws that's living with us My bike is tore down for a new oil pan, 700 bucks in tasty nut bolts due to arrive tomorrow. The FL weather just took it out on the stock bolts, they need replaced bad. And the exhaust pipes are getting ceramic coated because of the rust and stuff they had on them.

Free to a good home, PM me your address. Red LT1 TB plate, no screws. First one is the winner!

I'm going to put the other valve cover on tomorrow and the rest of the hoses and then all I'm waiting for is Bob to email me back with some clarification and the rest can go on.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:00 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

NO TAKERS ON THE LT1 TB PLATE????

Anyway, got the passenger side done yesterday, with the coils mounted in. Got the drivers side in and then realized the SS air box hit the coils and wouldn't set right. So I got to work a little with that bracket before hitting it again. I heard back from Bob about the few questions I had and now I'm 100% ready to go with the wiring. But my cars going into the shop today for a little paint repair and I won't have it back until next week, but then I have to go back to work. So I probably won't get this done until next weekend.

Quick Reply: LTCC (LT1-to-LS1 coil conversion) install