LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Default Ideas...

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums, but not so new to my Camaro. I have had a white 1995 Camaro sitting in my driveway for almost two years now, but haven't driven it much. I drive an Eclipse, but am selling it a.s.a.p. because I will be fully moving to college next year instead of commuting, and there for I don't want to be tied down to car payments. The Camaro is beautiful, and has only been driven periodically if my other car was in the shop or buried in the driveway. There is a check engine light that my mechanic assures me is not a problem. Then again, the car is never driven enough to know if there really is a problem or not. I'm sure everyone has delt with this before, but could this be a reoccuring problem possibly with the 95's? or maybe something simple? I would like to spiff up the car a bit, but I am unsure what to do first. I would like to enhance the interior by getting some seat covers maybe? (The cloth seats are ugly), the floor mats are stained, the rims are in pretty good condition, but I'd like to upgrade those as well, the sound system is almost non-exsistant (and I'm used to my 12" sub, a/m headunit etc) so I'll need to change that, there are a few minor paint chips. All of those little things I feel will make the car look nicer outside and in, but my question is are there any Brands, Companies, Styles, etc that everyone on the forums chooses for the Camaro specially? I've searched Ebay for seat covers, but there so deceiving in the picture (I've made that mistake before). Any suggestions at all would be nice. I don't plan on modding the car because I love the true Camaro roar, and don't want to alter that at all, but maybe something minimal like an intake? I was told to put regular or mid grade fuel, is that correct also? What about super? (thats what I'm used to anyway with the other car). I apologize in advance if my questions are typical redundant newbie questions, but I would appreciate input. Thanks everyone

-Sara

Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Default RE: Ideas...

Is it a v6 or v8? Premium should be used in a v8. As far as making the car look lice there isn't a particular brand. Personally I just try keeping my 95 looking clean and original besides the rims. New wheels would really change the look of the car, especially since the stock rims are quite ugly in my opinion. Go on ebay and you can find some replica ss wheels that look really nice and are cheap.