LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Help me Get more power

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Don't turbo or supercharge, u can get a lot of power for less just rebuilding the Lt1 to 383

Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norfolk96z28
I know this is a old post that I made but does anyone know of someone that's turbo'd or supercharged their lt1.?
I've seen them. Just check on youtube or google STS. They make a turbo kit that's a couple grand but puts the turbo in the rear to reduce lag and give better weight distrubution. I've seen a few pro-charged ones. Got a guy here in town with a '99 that's pro-charged. Only ever saw him at few car shows with it. Never on the street though.

For what they cost though, just too much work with limited space. I like N/A High compression engines over boosted all day.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by dlaidoutranger
true that, but it would at least shed a couple lbs
you for real? sorry for being blunt but i'm just a farm boy from southern WI...and its a hella lot cheaper just to take a nice sh|t...just say'n

[t

Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ive seen allot of ls1's turbo'd and sc'd, dont recall any lt1's. seen a few with nos on lt1's

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
4th Gear Member

Just search them on Youtube. You'll find dozens.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM

So i looked on youtube for some turbo'd and supercharged camaros and found many videos. Also ive decided im going to tear into my motor and either 1. bore it .30 over and make it a 383 stroker or go a cheaper way and just upgrade the cam and such (probably a LT4 cam) and while at it upgrade my throttle body to a LT4 also. But what do you all think i should do. Money is a factor, but this build will take place over the next year or so while im still a senior in highschool so ill have my job that will keep cash flowing for me to invest. And any advice on what i should do with my suspention on my pasanger side front wheel It makes a creaking like noise when i drive im not savvy when it comes to suspension and such so any ideas? Also ill probably start tearing into my car next month because then i wont be able to drive (Caught after curfue and theyre gonna take my liscence for at least a month)

Last edited by Norfolk96z28; 07-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norfolk96z28
So i looked on youtube for some turbo'd and supercharged camaros and found many videos. Also ive decided im going to tear into my motor and either 1. bore it .30 over and make it a 383 stroker or go a cheaper way and just upgrade the cam and such (probably a LT4 cam) and while at it upgrade my throttle body to a LT4 also. But what do you all think i should do. Money is a factor, but this build will take place over the next year or so while im still a senior in highschool so ill have my job that will keep cash flowing for me to invest. And any advice on what i should do with my suspention on my pasanger side front wheel It makes a creaking like noise when i drive im not savvy when it comes to suspension and such so any ideas? Also ill probably start tearing into my car next month because then i wont be able to drive (Caught after curfue and theyre gonna take my liscence for at least a month)

mmmmmmmm testosterone. Search will reveal at least 100 threads about this

don't forget money for a tranny because yours will be going buh bye

Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
4th Gear Member

I'm surprised TIG didn't have a beautiful, well worded paragraph (or two) on why you should get a plan of attack when it comes to building up your car instead of just throwing parts on it, especially when you're still in HS. Anyways...

They take it for a month? That's rough and I'm sure it's gonna come with a pretty fine too.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:26 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
I'm surprised TIG didn't have a beautiful, well worded paragraph (or two) on why you should get a plan of attack when it comes to building up your car instead of just throwing parts on it, especially when you're still in HS. Anyways...

They take it for a month? That's rough and I'm sure it's gonna come with a pretty fine too.
honestly; experience

to the OP, please do not be offended but every young pup simply needs heeps and heeps of power because they are the best drivers around. That included me when I was wet behind the ears as well.

It's nice to talk and imagine but then things like new tires for $600-$1,000 comes into the picture. They need to get to a spark plug on one of these 4th gens and their eyes open real wide about how ......easy...........it is to access everything. They then price kits at Summit and finally someone tells them to speak with a machine shop and reality hits them, and bolt ons here we come.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by |m()d
you for real? sorry for being blunt but i'm just a farm boy from southern WI...and its a hella lot cheaper just to take a nice sh|t...just say'n

[t
no offence taken but i have been in the high horse race scene for the past 15 to 20 yrs and just for the record people will spend well into the thousands just to shed weight. when it comes to speed, every lb gone counts

Quick Reply: Help me Get more power