LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Economical Way To 100 Xtra HP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM
The Mustang Hunter

Think of it this way, for our LT1's as a rough estimate. Its gonna cost you between $15 and $20 per HP. Plan your spending according to that, and you will be golden.

x01660

Old 07-29-2011, 09:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by x01660
Please don't call it that... This is not F&F, lol. It's nitrous, or N20. NOS is a brand...

But the question is are you getting a quality kit for that price...

and to the OP, you need to make sure the rest of your motor is in tip top shape. As in get a compression check, make sure your primary and secondary ignition system is working correctly, and most importantly your fuel system. With the compression we run, if you spray and it leans out, say bye-bye motor...

x01660
NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems. I am sure I have sprayed way morethan my fair share to call it by its real name and I am NOT calling it NOOOOOOOSSSSSSS like F&F Buddy. When your spraying 3 stages and racing pro mod in the low 6 sec range then your more than welcome to come join my ranks and chastize me

Old 07-29-2011, 10:05 PM
The Mustang Hunter

Originally Posted by jallen100
NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems. I am sure I have sprayed way morethan my fair share to call it by its real name and I am NOT calling it NOOOOOOOSSSSSSS like F&F Buddy. When your spraying 3 stages and racing pro mod in the low 6 sec range then your more than welcome to come join my ranks and chastize me
NOS: Nitrous Oxide Systems: NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Like I said, its a brand. The actual chemical is Nitrous Oxide. Or as pete said, dinitrogen monoxide. That is what you are spraying in your car to supercool the air to force more fuel and air to combust, thus spining the crank faster. Or making HP. I know what it is.

What you are saying is like me saying I'm gonna get Procharged, then when someone asks me if I'm getting supercharged, I say, "no, I'm being Procharged."

And for your information, in F&F, they ARE using NOS brand nitrous. But because most F&F ricer boyz are so obsessed with the movie and know nothing about cars, see the big orange Nitrous Oxide Systems logo, they scream NAAAAWSSS!!!. Get it?

Not trying to be a jerk, but get your info straight. Just saying...

Kill Rustanks!!!

x01660

Old 07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Think of it this way, for our LT1's as a rough estimate. Its gonna cost you between $15 and $20 per HP. Plan your spending according to that, and you will be golden.

x01660
Thanks for the tip.

Im not a big Nitrous fan, besides, I dont have the room for the tank.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

NOS: Nitrous Oxide Systems: NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Like I said, its a brand. The actual chemical is Nitrous Oxide. Or as pete said, dinitrogen monoxide. That is what you are spraying in your car to supercool the air to force more fuel and air to combust, thus spining the crank faster. Or making HP. I know what it is.

What you are saying is like me saying I'm gonna get Procharged, then when someone asks me if I'm getting supercharged, I say, "no, I'm being Procharged."

And for your information, in F&F, they ARE using NOS brand nitrous. But because most F&F ricer boyz are so obsessed with the movie and know nothing about cars, see the big orange Nitrous Oxide Systems logo, they scream NAAAAWSSS!!!. Get it?

Not trying to be a jerk, but get your info straight. Just saying...

Kill Rustanks!!!

x01660
I'm not trying to be a jerk either but maybe you should whatch how your chastizing people before you know who they are or what they have done. And for us older racers NOS was the only company around before all the rice started and a million other companies started making kits, so we still refer to it on a keyboard that way. You say tomato and I say tomaaaaaato. And trust me, I have my facts straight

Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

^^^ posts like this are why I don't post in technical discussions anymore.

To start. In my first camaro I had a two stage 150-300 shot of NITROUS. NOS is a brand name. What you're referring to is NO2 or nitrous oxide. I don't care if you're lazy and call it spray, but the kind of nonsense you're speaking makes me shake my head. I've built my fair share of cars, some of them running low 6s and I've never once heard anyone refer to spray as NOS. I've heard poor man's horsepower, intimidator tanks, and that illegal ****. Never NOS. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that you've never built a car of your own and probably don't even own a camaro. Please, go to the drag strip and listen a little before you start coming to these forums and talking trash. Maybe pick up a haynes manual and read a little. Talk trash about my post if you want, I don't care. Truth be told I encourage it because if you want a flame war I'd love to show you that superior intellect will always beat someone that decided to have their own personal fast and furious marathon. Do us all a favor, sell your mustang, and go buy a chevy. Any chevy. Even an old rusted out cavalier is better than what you're driving now. You may even find your "economic horsepower" if such a thing exists.

That is all.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 AM
The Mustang Hunter

Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 AM
2nd Gear member

yes 100 hp is a big jump

and thank you, thank you so much for not posting something like "yo i got dis m90 supercharger of my friends mom buick regal that she crashed and i wanna put it on my car"

i came in here expecting one of those threads

so, just thank you sir

Old 07-30-2011, 07:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by SSV6
^^^ posts like this are why I don't post in technical discussions anymore.

To start. In my first camaro I had a two stage 150-300 shot of NITROUS. NOS is a brand name. What you're referring to is NO2 or nitrous oxide. I don't care if you're lazy and call it spray, but the kind of nonsense you're speaking makes me shake my head. I've built my fair share of cars, some of them running low 6s and I've never once heard anyone refer to spray as NOS. I've heard poor man's horsepower, intimidator tanks, and that illegal ****. Never NOS. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that you've never built a car of your own and probably don't even own a camaro. Please, go to the drag strip and listen a little before you start coming to these forums and talking trash. Maybe pick up a haynes manual and read a little. Talk trash about my post if you want, I don't care. Truth be told I encourage it because if you want a flame war I'd love to show you that superior intellect will always beat someone that decided to have their own personal fast and furious marathon. Do us all a favor, sell your mustang, and go buy a chevy. Any chevy. Even an old rusted out cavalier is better than what you're driving now. You may even find your "economic horsepower" if such a thing exists.

That is all.
OP I am sorry about all of this going on in your post, but I feel like I have to respond to these 2 little squirrels.

Listen here ****. Im not talking about 6's in the 8th. And I doubt very very seriously that you have ever built anything even close to the 6's. Your both simply retarded. and nothing but wanna be's. "Pick up a Haynes manual"????? Are you kidding me??? I can tell I am on a whole different level than the two of you. And I didnt start anything. I answered the OP's question and you and your little buddy jumped on my back. Get a life you wanna be's, the two of you are just idiots who dont have a clue in the world and picked on the wrong person this time.

My current Camaro out of the 10 that I have owned. Im sure I would have no problem handling the two of you with my DD below.

video-2011-07-28-11-20-17.mp4 video by jallen_100 - Photobucket

My other Camaro bud.
https://camaroforums.com/forum/proje...old-new-63704/

Last edited by jallen100; 07-30-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 AM
The Mustang Hunter

Originally Posted by jallen100
OP I am sorry about all of this going on in your post, but I feel like I have to respond to these 2 little squirrels.

Listen here ****. Im not talking about 6's in the 8th. And I doubt very very seriously that you have ever built anything even close to the 6's. Your both simply retarded. and nothing but wanna be's. "Pick up a Haynes manual"????? Are you kidding me??? I can tell I am on a whole different level than the two of you. And I didnt start anything. I answered the OP's question and you and your little buddy jumped on my back. Get a life you wanna be's, the two of you are just idiots who dont have a clue in the world and picked on the wrong person this time.

My current Camaro out of the 10 that I have owned. Im sure I would have no problem handling the two of you with my DD below.

video-2011-07-28-11-20-17.mp4 video by jallen_100 - Photobucket

My other Camaro bud.
https://camaroforums.com/forum/proje...old-new-63704/
1. No need for the insults, man. It is very unbecoming and makes you look very immature.
2. Check your spelling and grammar. Learn the use of "your" and "you're", proper use of apostrophes, etc, ad infinitum. If you are going to rip on people, at least sound half intelligent doing it.
3. You really should not have talked to SSV6 like that. He is a tenured member, and I have a feeling you have opened a can of worms for yourself here.
4. For that last time: NOS is a brand; They are a subsidiary of Holley Performance that makes a nitrous kit. There is also ZEX, Nitro Express, etc... Think of it this way: You saying I'm getting NOS for my car is like me saying "I'm going to Xerox those papers". The actual action is making a photocopy, but "Xeroxing" something is accepted in general use because they were the first company to develop the technology, etc. It still does not change the fact that you are making a photocopy. Apply that here. Its a nitrous system made by NOS. Again, I am correct in what I said to begin with. NOS is a brand...
5. The moment you start using your personal "experience" to attack and belittle other members, you pretty much lose all credibility and-more importantly-respect. So great, you built a 6 second car. That means nothing if you don't have the common human decency to actually read and understand what people say, rather than the "holier than thou" attitude that you have.

I am usually a very passive person, but its posts like this that really irk me. You need to learn to read what was said very carefully before you respond and make a fool of yourself. Hopefully you will actually take the time to read this and understand and perhaps even better yourself. Consider it some constructive criticism.

I'll get off my soap box now.

And to the OP: Don't let all of this discourage you. Ask as many questions as you need to, and we will all help you to the best of our ability. That is what the forums are for.

And as always:

Good luck and kill Rustanks!!!

x01660