LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

bolt on mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default bolt on mods

I have a stalk 93 Z28 and i want to get the most power for the money i want to put in about 1500 in to it what would the first things i would want to do. and it is mostly going to be used for stoplight to stoplight.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: bolt on mods

well, your not gunna get a whole lot more performance for 1500, but its always good to start with the basics, intake, fullexhaust (headers, cat, muffler) bigger camshaft. that right there will be about 1500 if u get good brands.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

is it hadr to put a new cam in i wasent planing on pulling the moter. are heads a better choice

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Overdrive Member

If you get good brands Headers/Y-pipe will be almost $1500 alone. Go with bolt-ons and price some stuff out. You aren't going to get much out of internal stuff without the flow in and out to compliment it.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

k&n cold air intake, headers, y-pipe, catback, camshaft,

(exhaust) trusted brands
-pacesetter
-hooker
-SLP
-borla
-magnaflow

cam
-LT4 -gm performance parts
-edelbrock
-comp cams

there are thousands, but those are my top picks !

Old 12-13-2007, 01:55 AM
4th Gear Member

too bad this forum doesnt have spell check..

Old 12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Overdrive Member

Man Spartan...way to not contribute to the post...if you're going to critique spelling you should actually contribute man, c'mon, have some common courtesy!

Anyway, to continue to add to the post, I would add Kooks and Dynatech to trusted exhaust brands, and if it were up to be Pacesetter would be removed from the list, but to each his own, Kooks and Dynatech are a bit more expensive, but they are an all stainless equal length tuned header, so that's why they cost more than the Pacesetters.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Man Spartan...way to not contribute to the post...if you're going to critique spelling you should actually contribute man, c'mon, have some common courtesy!

Anyway, to continue to add to the post, I would add Kooks and Dynatech to trusted exhaust brands, and if it were up to be Pacesetter would be removed from the list, but to each his own, Kooks and Dynatech are a bit more expensive, but they are an all stainless equal length tuned header, so that's why they cost more than the Pacesetters.
Lol i assume your not a member over at horsepowerforums? I was dubbed the official hi-jacker [8D]... Anyway it looked like you guys nailed the question and the post served its purpose... some of you older guys must not have a sense of humor [8D]

Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Lol i assume your not a member over at horsepowerforums? I was dubbed the official hi-jacker [8D]... Anyway it looked like you guys nailed the question and the post served its purpose... some of you older guys must not have a sense of humor [8D]
Haha, older, I'm 18 buddy And I have a sense of humor, but I usually don't find spelling fun or funny, unless it's some crafty pun, in which case it can be partially amusing...other than that I think spelling sucks[:'(]

Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Haha, older, I'm 18 buddy And I have a sense of humor, but I usually don't find spelling fun or funny, unless it's some crafty pun, in which case it can be partially amusing...other than that I think spelling sucks[:'(]
im 18 too... do we get awards?

Quick Reply: bolt on mods