LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

94 z28 no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
4th Gear Member

I have not scanned it yet because I do not have OBD I scanner, I do have the OBD II but don't have a converter cable. I know for sure there is no spark at the plugs. Thanks for the schemetics. It will be a few days before I can get back down to troubleshoot. I am going to pick up a OBD I code reader this weekend and try to pull the codes, then depending on what I get, I am going to start with a voltmeter at the connector checking A, B, C, and D.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by osduck5
I have not scanned it yet because I do not have OBD I scanner, I do have the OBD II but don't have a converter cable. I know for sure there is no spark at the plugs. Thanks for the schemetics. It will be a few days before I can get back down to troubleshoot. I am going to pick up a OBD I code reader this weekend and try to pull the codes, then depending on what I get, I am going to start with a voltmeter at the connector checking A, B, C, and D.
You're going to definitely want to screen before assuming its the opti. We get buyers with all sorts of problems pointing to the opti who later find out it was something else. So start with the codes. When it comes time to buy, we've got highly reviewed and competitive units. About a quarter of the cost of the MSD\Delco units.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 94 z28 camaro no start

Ok read thru this tread and I notices on my car I have no spark from the coil pack, I do have fuel pressure. While driving my. Car it just cut out and coasted for awhile to get to a safe shoulder started to crank the engine over nothing. So no start. I checked plugs first no spark, then checked the coil pack no spark, so its before the opti correct? I've replace the igntion switch and ignition control moduel and coil still nothing note these parts are extras I had new in my garage for my car,

Old 01-22-2011, 08:31 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if the optical reader in the opti is bad you will not get spark. does the motor turn over but not start or not turn over at all. have you checked the fuses?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

It turns over very well and no spark, not even off the coil I noticed antifreeze comming out of my thermostast wonder if that did something

Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

that would drain down onto the opti. not good for the opti. even more so with a old opti. any way you could get it scanned for codes? if you cant tell im thinking its the opti.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
if the optical reader in the opti is bad you will not get spark. does the motor turn over but not start or not turn over at all. have you checked the fuses?
Yes I checked all fuses as well they are all good, also to mention I do have a phython remote start system on this car too it hasn't worked for 3 weeks so I never hit the button also its equipt with anti theift

Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

that would drain down onto the opti. not good for the opti. even more so with a old opti. any way you could get it scanned for codes? if you cant tell im thinking its the opti.
Not able to get it scanned only place that has an obd1 code ready is orielys and they won't let anyone take it out of their store

Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

is the tach showing a rpm when you turn it over?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

is the tach showing a rpm when you turn it over?
Hmm I gotta check that if it does then what

Quick Reply: 94 z28 no start