LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

93 Camaro 5.7L 6sp

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Default 93 Camaro 5.7L 6sp

hey guys i m a newbie here and will be around helping others and getting helped....

i m buying this car and i m new to camaros...as i was told that heads has been replaced and it has 20'' chrome rims..black color...i just need help from camaro gurus around here that wat should i be looking for the ''problem''...any common problems?...i m buying this from one of my friend and he works wit me in the shop and is licensed tech...and i m 1st year apprentice lol...thanks in advance...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

problems are the same as with most camaros. dont want to go slow. lol. look for oil on the underside, most times the oil will indicate the intake manifold gasket needs changed but im sure an odd one is an acual major issue. the only real issue ive have with my 93s is the ecu and that is with the one i have now. they only made them in the 92 corvette and the 93 camaro so they are very hard if not impossible to find. i have had my ecu at a rebuild place for over 6 weeks now and they keep running into parts availability issues. the car has had problems that would point to a bad opti, bad sensors and poor and failing wireing but no matter what i did i could not find the problem. untill i took the ecu out to check the prom and found water in there. the only werd thing was it would run different almost every time i shut it off and restarted it. sometimes it would idle high and sometimes not. didnt seem to effect it a wot. if i cleared the ecu by unhooking the battery it would run good for a short time.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:24 AM

i got the car and as i was told by the owner it has a weak clutch....and i can feel it..how much does it cost to change the clutch?

oh and wats the mileage on these cars? normally driven...

Last edited by burhangondal; 08-26-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by burhangondal
i got the car and as i was told by the owner it has a weak clutch....and i can feel it..how much does it cost to change the clutch?

not to bad. if u are going to do it should replace clutch plate, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ZZZ-MU70043-1/

oh and wats the mileage on these cars? normally driven...
not sure what u mean but car should go for 200k

Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
1st Gear Member

you may want to replace the opti before you get use to driving it and it goes down.