LS Series Tech 1998-2002

where to start(performance)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
His car is a 2002 and therefore already has the LS6 intake and no EGR. LS6 intakes became standard on all 2001-02 fbodies
Awe, I did not know that. The one I was looking at was a '99 so that explains it. In that case, port and polish.

A stall is nice...but if I'm not mistaken aren't you supposed to match the cam to the stall? Or maybe it's the other way around. I forget. Ha.

I do agree with Failed Devices on the rear end. I'd upgrade that before doing gears. No sense in spending the $$ to put gears in and have the rear break.

As far as mufflers go, what kind of sound are you looking for?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I really did not know that the 02s already had the ls6 intake, there goes my first priority ha. and I will check for this pump, I am sure that it was removed because the headers were professionally installed. Looks like the stall has moved back up the list as my next improvement. What would you suggest besides the 10 bolt just out of curiousity? The catback I will just have to do some research on, I cant complain with how it sounds at the moment. I dont want anything to to loud, that will just get me in trouble. Quick question, do I need the front o2 sensors for the car to run right? I dont know if I even have them anymore and once and a while i get a po134 code, it is strange because it doesnt come on very often at all. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
4th Gear Member

Moser 9in or 12 bolt or S60 rear. Depends on what you can afford. All of them are good. The S60 is known to be pretty much unbreakable.

You need the O2s that come before the cat (pre-cat)..should be on the collector for the headers. They tell the computer what your A/F mixture is. Post cat O2s just tell how well the converter is functioning and are not required.

P0134 is the driver side pre-cat O2 sensor. Chances are it's going bad.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

A stall will give you the best results at the race track. You will gain more from a stall, than if you threw a cam in there with the stock stall.

Yes, you need the front 02's as those monitor and adjust your a/f ratio. Downstream 02 sensors are not needed as they just monitor the cats function, but the code still needs to be tuned out. I would recommend a mail order tune from Frost to get the codes tuned out and pick up a bit of power. Whilst you do have the Diablo already, a Frost tune is still infinitely better.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Chances are I cant even find them ha. The code says no activity detected. There are 2 o2 sensors plugged into the y-pipe around about where the cats used to be I think. I assumed that these were the rear o2 sensors and I had installed a simulator on them due to the po154 code I was getting. Im rather confused ha. Do you guys know of any websites that sell 3600 stalls? Thanks.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

So you are missing the 02's on the collectors? Are the bungs there for them? 02 simulators for cats are hit or miss, a tune is the proper way to do it.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
4th Gear Member

But it comes on and off? Check the wires. Then decide whether you want spend $60+ for new one's. From the pictures I've seen, the upstream O2's are right where the collector on the header starts. Double check though. Or have them tuned out like Failed Devices said.

Summit should have a few of different brands.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well I dont see anything. Unless the ones that are on there are actually the front sensors and then the back sensors arent there. Then I probably shouldnt have put the simulator on those sensors. Do you have any idea where the front sensors should plug into eventually? Once the light comes on it stays on and doesnt go off, but sometimes it will stay off for a very long period of time, seems to come on most often after idling for a long period of time, or after a cold start and left idle. All I know is that there are 2 sensors plugged in with extensions, and yes they are around the collectors if we are talking about the same thing ha.

Last edited by Chevra; 04-10-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
4th Gear Member

Post a picture if you can. That'll help us out a lot.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Okay here is a link to the same headers I have. You can see where the sensor plugs into on the one side and it is the same on the other side. Now these are the only sensors that are plugged in anywhere. Which sensors are these?
Redirect Notice

Quick Reply: where to start(performance)