LS Series Tech 1998-2002

SS 35th Anniversary - basic information

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Default SS 35th Anniversary - basic information

Hi all,

Sorry to barge in with noob questions.

I'm trying to help a friend sell his '02 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition. I thought all of these had basically the same factory options, except for the tranny and body style. Looking around on-line, now I'm not so sure.

The car in question is a 6-speed manual with T-top, which I thought all the coupes had. It appears to be in very good mechanical condition with a few minor body dings, so I guess "good" overall KBB condition. It has some aftermarket audio, but no mechanical or cosmetic mod's. He has the OE audio hardware, so it could easily be returned to stock.

Knowing very little about Camaros, I am trying to value the car. Looks like the value would be around $12K, but as I say, there are some deviations on-line.

Could anyone help me with some general guidance or point me in the direction of a good source of on-line information?

TIA for any help,

Paul

Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

you're in a good place for information, haha.

without seeing pics...i'd say the 12k range is a pretty good place to put this car. depending on mileage and what not as well. certain colors will also bring more coin

Old 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM

Woops, it's got 47.2K on the clock and it's kind of a champagne color. I'll get some pics up.

Thanks very much.

My cars are Japanese, so I'm a little out of my element with the Camaro.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Back up after a bath and a few pics:

Swapped in a new battery and took it out for a spin. Definitely seems to run just fine. Kind of an interesting car. Man, it's been a loooong time since I drove anything like this.

Anyway, please let me know if anyone has thoughts about value of this specific car.

Thanks very much,

Paul

Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

why are you selling it? it looks like a very nice clean car. depends on how quick you want to sell it. i'd say if you want to get the most out of it...14 or so...quick sale...mark it at 12 and it will disappear

Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM

Yeah, as far as I can see it is in very good shape, both mechanically and in terms of cleanliness. It was purchased as a fun street car, not a DD. Really only damage I can see is a few minor body dings - stuff you would expect on a car that saw some time on the street.

As I said, I'm helping my neighbor sell it. I think he just has more pressing fiscal priorities right now, given the current economic climate. He has driven it very little since he got it.

I'm not an F-Body guy, but have developed a few cars for street, autoX and track use, so I certainly appreciate his careful use of the car and interest in it as a sporting and collectible vehicle.

I would also prefer to see it go to a good home, where it will be well cared for and fully utilized. I thought it would be best to get some information from people who know these cars - both in terms of value and also maybe some direction on where to list it.

We do want to sell it quickly, but also at a reasonably fair price, so I would say a balance of the two.

Of course I could start a F/S thread here, and will also try craigslist. Any other ideas on good places to list it?

Thanks