LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Question about 2002 35th Anny Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 AM

hmm maybe I'll make it a project for Sat...Gotta find some place to get some wax at...lol

What kind of wax should i buy O.o

Old 01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Overdrive Member

I love Meguires products. Get the #26 yellow wax in a paste if you can if not the liquid works well too.

Massey

Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 PM

out of curiosity how much would a decent paint job run? say black with red stripes or...maybe keeping the red paint and having it touched up and throwing some white or black stripes on it.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Overdrive Member

Depends on where you go and how much work you are able to do yourself. My wife's Z was repainted last summer and the insurance paid for it at the tune of 5K and we did 90% of the body work and prep on the car ourselves. The car was keyed and all but the taillight panel was repainted. This didnt cover jambs since we painted the car the same color.

If you prep the car, remove all that needs be removed, and do all the body work then you could take it to a place like Maaco and get the job done for alot less money. Now before you flip out on me hang on... Maaco uses the same paint as other shops do. They just dont take the time to properly prep a car. Depending on how much you pay them is what determines how much actual prep work they actually do. Just to give you an idea we have about 30 hours into block sanding by hand the body of my Wife's car. that does not count taking it apart or fixing the little dings and what have you.

Massey

Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 PM

5K o.o well maybe she'll be staying red for awhile then...just gotta keep an eye out for those pesky policemen/women

Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Jager1177
hmm maybe I'll make it a project for Sat...Gotta find some place to get some wax at...lol

What kind of wax should i buy O.o
i really like the turtle wax ice syn products

Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear Member

whod you **** off to make them key your whole car?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Overdrive Member

Some kids in a riccer that wanted to race. My wife didnt race them and they followed her into the Wal*Mart parking lot. They went to a different part but must have waited till my wife and kids went inside. When they came out there was "too slow" and "use it or lose it" scribed into the car and multiple lines just about everywhere else. They also threw a rock and busted the fender and windshield. I talked one of my customers who works at a local body shop and he told me about 3 other cars that had the same thing done to them at around the same time. I have not heard anything more about them since, so I hope the Pierce Co. Sherrif finally got them.

Massey

Old 01-13-2011, 02:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Little &^%&^%*&^*&$*^(*^&)&_^%@@%*^*(&%

Old 01-14-2011, 08:49 PM

So i finally picked up the car...the repo lot didn't clean her up at all so i took her and bathed her and waxed her...she looks alot better...got the oil changed (They didn't do that either) and found out there is oil moisture under the engine...so apparently there might be an oil leak somewhere but they couldn't pin point where...Which i guess is a good thing...would mean she isn't leaking much...but its a bummer because I just bought her...gunna keep an eye on it for the time being...but she does run like a champ...<3 my camaro

Once my cellphone charges i'll get a few pics.

also, i noticed my driver and passenger door leak a bit around the top of the window and the rubber seal of the T-Top portion of the roof...its not much but its enough that when i was washing her water was dripping off of the inside edge of the frame and onto the door handle/arm rest

Quick Reply: Question about 2002 35th Anny Camaro