LS Series Tech 1998-2002

NEED Help on SLP exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Default NEED Help on SLP exhaust!!!

i have a 2001 Z28 and i wanna get my exhaust but i dont knw which one to get

its between SLP Loudmouth I
or SLP Loudmouth II
i can get both same price but idk what the difference is between the two i want to knw which one sounds best

Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Overdrive Member

Get the II, otherwise you will be heard everywhere at low speeds, and it is obnoxious.

Personally, I'd get the Borla, since it's adjustable sound...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by breezyLS1
i have a 2001 Z28 and i wanna get my exhaust but i dont knw which one to get

its between SLP Loudmouth I
or SLP Loudmouth II
i can get both same price but idk what the difference is between the two i want to knw which one sounds best
I have the LM I with the SLP offroad Y pipe and I love it!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Get the II, otherwise you will be heard everywhere at low speeds, and it is obnoxious.

Personally, I'd get the Borla, since it's adjustable sound...
Mine isn't obnoxious. You can barely even hear it inside the car going to down the road. I have the LM I BTW! It sounds really good it you have stock manifolds, Off Road Y pipe, and then the LM I. Now if you change the SLP muffler out or something then it gets obnoxious. But I like mine!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 AM

thanks KissMyTush i want it really loud but i was wondering if the SLP LM1 is smogable??

2001 Camaro Z28 with SS rims Stock for now

Old 06-05-2010, 06:16 AM

Hey there Breezy, here is my 2 cents worth. I'm 42 so you have to take that into consideration. I have the LM1 on a car I just bought 2 days ago. I drove it from Clevland home about 9 hours and wanted to leave it on the side of the rode after the first 2 hours. I agree with LibertyForAll, it's obnoxious! I'm ripping mine off the car in the near future and replacing it with the Borla. Before you buy the LM1, take a ride in a car that has it installed for a few miles. Who knows, it may be the exhaust for you after all. Good Luck!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by roscoSS00
Hey there Breezy, here is my 2 cents worth. I'm 42 so you have to take that into consideration. I have the LM1 on a car I just bought 2 days ago. I drove it from Clevland home about 9 hours and wanted to leave it on the side of the rode after the first 2 hours. I agree with LibertyForAll, it's obnoxious! I'm ripping mine off the car in the near future and replacing it with the Borla. Before you buy the LM1, take a ride in a car that has it installed for a few miles. Who knows, it may be the exhaust for you after all. Good Luck!
Is yours dumped or something? I bought my Camaro in Austin TX, I live in Texarkana TX. That's a 7 hour drive. I made the entire trip with the Offroad Y pipe and the LM 1 on my 99 Z28 and I could barely even hear it at 80MPH! Mine comes out the back with the dual tips on each side. Idk if were talking about the same LM I or not but mine has a really good rumble and sounds awesome when I'm going through the gears, but it is nowhere near obnoxious!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

The LMI always sounds raspier, and higher pitched than the LMII. It is all personal preference, but I much prefer the II as it definately produces more of a growl and rumble. Do note that if you buy a LMII catback, and decide you want the LMI later on down the road, you can get teh LMI by itself for $80, which is quite nice of a deal.

I have actually heard of people who have had the LM1 but a Dynomax bullet right before the LM to help quiet it down.

Here: http://www.ls1sounds.com/

Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Go with the Borla, its more expensive but you get what you pay for and the adjustable plate is nice to have for trips. i have it on my SS and always keep the plate wide open cuz i like it loud and it sounds nice im always getting comments from people at stoplights and such about how good it sounds.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by usnfenix
Go with the Borla, its more expensive but you get what you pay for and the adjustable plate is nice to have for trips. i have it on my SS and always keep the plate wide open cuz i like it loud and it sounds nice im always getting comments from people at stoplights and such about how good it sounds.
How much did you pay for your Borla Catback?

Quick Reply: NEED Help on SLP exhaust!!!