LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Help...3G's what to do?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Default Help...3G's what to do?!?

Ok look i got a 2002 Camaro SS..with just a K&N Airfilter..and i got $3,000 to spend....and i want to get maximum horsepower for my buck... so what should i do and what should i get...?!?!....

Plus what do you think is the best
Power Programmers or Performance Tuners?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
VIP member
Default RE: Help...3G's what to do?!?

start to get basic bolts on. They will help. While your at it get some suspension mods. Not really max hp for your buck, but a key important mod to have for better stability.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 PM

you should get K&N intake hooker long tube headers , magnaflow cat-back exhaust , msd igntion coils , hotchkis suspension = panhard bar sub frame connectors, front brace, front and rear stabilizer bars and then bilstien shocks this cost me about 2700 or so thus doing it all my self as welli think i got roughly 365 at rear wheels trust me you will desimate all.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oakwood69

you should get K&N intake hooker long tube headers , magnaflow cat-back exhaust , msd igntion coils
, hotchkis suspension = panhard bar sub frame connectors, front brace, front and rear stabilizer bars and then bilstien shocks this cost me about 2700 or so thus doing it all my self as welli think i got roughly 365 at rear wheels trust me you will desimate all.
There is no way in hell you got 365 rwhp with those mods. The MSD coils are a waist of money and don't add power, the stock ones are good for over 500 hp. Did you actually have this car dynoed?

With $3000 I would get long tubes, a lid and a higher stall converter, I reccomend a Yank SS4000 (if the OP is an auto) and a set of drag radials. These mods will get into the low-mid 12's easy. Forget about any type of hand held tuner, wait untill you get a cam and or heads and get a real dyno tune.