LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Good deal? and what do these mods do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
If done right it should be perfectly reliable and streetable, the problem is when one little thing goes wrong and its that kind of thing you can't handle one your own and also happens to be something the shops charge was to many hours of labor for, then you get discourage and sell again, where with a stock car and a few mods, its alittle easier to handle
good point, I agree. I doubt I will get it. I'll wait for a loaded Z28/SS in good condition for a good price. I would really like ground effects, leather and the steering wheel radio controls. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

np, and i dont wanna be the reason of discourage, id just hate to see you jump into a camaro your not 100% on and then end up blaming the whole brand or even the gen, gotta keep a love going for our breed =]

Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
np, and i dont wanna be the reason of discourage, id just hate to see you jump into a camaro your not 100% on and then end up blaming the whole brand or even the gen, gotta keep a love going for our breed =]
I loved my old one other than the 3.8, which is why I am wanting another. It just isn't the same driving the tahoe. They guy said he is firm on his price anyway, so for that kind of cash I think I can find a lot nicer one. The problem is finding them close. I have found 2 really good deals (one might be a scam though) but they are all the way across country.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

where abouts are you located, im in MI and theres a 2000 SS Black, 6 speed, Leather ttops,black wheels, tint, 120k miles, for 6k, not a bad deal for an SS

Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zmaro
I loved my old one other than the 3.8, which is why I am wanting another. It just isn't the same driving the tahoe. They guy said he is firm on his price anyway, so for that kind of cash I think I can find a lot nicer one. The problem is finding them close. I have found 2 really good deals (one might be a scam though) but they are all the way across country.
That's the problem with some people that put that kind of stuff into their cars they have the misconception that their car is worth alot simply becasue they put alot into it...simple fact is that it isn't...you could drop 10K into a motor and not gain a penny of value to the average person. Once you accept that then you can drop tons of cash into your car because it is fun...and realize that you probably won't get any of it back out when you eventually part ways.

Find a stock 2000-2002 Z28 or SS if volume control on the steering wheel is a deal breaker for you. If not 98-02 Z28/SS all have the LS1

Old 02-18-2011, 12:23 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

right, ive built projects, and ur new so you dont know, i just lost my 2000 SS last aug to a tbone accident, and i bought that built, had lots of clutch problems, but this time i decided to buy stock, i found my ws6 with 48k miles unmolested for 12k, id rather have my ws6 than that camaro even if it could kill me in the 1/4 mi

Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm in MN. I found a good deal in folrida but I'm 90% sure it's a scam. One good deal here, but scam again. And a good deal in new York that seems legit, but I don't really wanna fly there and drive it back. One question. Do all SS's and Z28's with T-tops have a black T-top "bar/roof" except for the 02 SS anniversary editions? Thanks

Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

if youre talking about the bar that sits between the ttops when theyre on they should all be black from the factory, every single one

even these

Name:  P1020203.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  89.1 KB

Last edited by DarkKnight; 02-18-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No I'm talkin about the the part behind the T-tops that on that car(and V6's) are body colored, but on Z28's and SS's seems to always be black. Sorry for making this so hard to understand, but it's the part that is between the side and rear windows that give you that big blind spot. Know what I'm talkin about?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

yeah its called the sail, 98-02 z and ss cars will be black, 35th aniv cars will be red if the car is, black otherwise

Quick Reply: Good deal? and what do these mods do?