LS Series Tech 1998-2002

About this NOS stuff?<<<<<JD>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:09 AM
2nd Gear member
Default About this NOS stuff?<<<<<JD>>>>>>

Iwas lookin at a kit to buy cuz its cheaper an all i want is some power for the weekends to blow my cuzin's lt1's doors in haha jk ryan an i have heard that its Bad on the motor an then it isnt an a ton of B.S NOW JD I AM GONNA TRUST U ON UR SKILLS HERE SO TELL ME WAT U THINK THE BEST KIT WOULD BE IF ANY???? AND JD I NO I GOT YA MAD AND I WAS JUST GETTING YA GOING DONT TELL ME SOME KIT THATS GONNA BLOW MY DOORS OFF MY SHIZZLE, I JUST BOUGHT HER AN SHE HAS 20,000 ON HER AN SHE IS A SEXY A$$ BLACK AN I LOVE TO TOUCH HER ALL OVER LOL YEAH BABBBBY YEAHHH LOL

98 SS BONE STOCK WAT SHOULD SHE GET???

Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: About this NOS stuff?<<<<<JD>>>>>>

I personally like NOS, it's made by Holly and it's upgradeable. I would go with a wet kit. It produces more power more safely. You can have a separate tank of 100 octane fuel that is used only with nitrous so you don't have to fool around with timing retardation. I would also recomend a bottle warmer.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:17 PM
4th Gear Member

Norms advice is spot on here. It's pretty much the same thing I would do

Old 01-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Droid

Careful not to backfire using a wet kit, as you may scatter the plastic intake manifold.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
2nd Gear member

I will need 100 octane for the nos??? i seen this kit on ebay from dyno tune an u wont need 100 octane fuel all u do is put the kit in an go on 92 an above octane it even has a video if you click on:Checkout a video of this system DynoTune Wet Kit 150HP shotso check that kit out an tell me what you guys think: SHNORMO, JD, Z28PETE CUZ I AM THINKING ABOUT GETING IT OR ONE LIKE IT FOR A LIL FUN ON THE WEEKENDS SO HIT ME BACK!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitro...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM

i personaly will never ever put nos on anything i own. i just dont understand why anyone would want to put that in there car. save up and put a supercharger on it. you get power all the time. not just for a few seconds. if you cant afford that, do some motor work to it. like intake,exhaust,cam,heads possiblely.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear member

o i would love to but i go to college full timean work an i have alota **** to pay for so thats like my cheapest way to go an i was just wondering if it looked good or not ???

Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM

Nos is generally very hard on bottom ends. I've seen a lot of mangled connecting rods from its use. I have family members that drag race several NOS equipped cars, and they tear down their engines every couple months. It creates lots power, and consequently lots of friction, as well as tons of extra heat. Itis very hard on bearings, wrist pins, compression rings, and lots of other moving parts. So, if you aren't a mechanic, and don't want to pay for a rebuild anyime soon, use NOS very sparingly. I don't care what anyone else tells you,it WILL cause more accelerated engine wear than anyother performance upgrade. Yeah, its a cheap way to get alot of power, but you have to pay to refill the bottle (it adds up), and you take miles of the motor's life with each squirt. Is it worth it? Well, I have no problem rebuilding an engine in my garage, but if you do, I'd suggest making more power the old fasion way.As a side note, I personally would never put NOS on a factory bottom end, even if it is a 6-bolt main. I would at the very least upgrade the rods. Also, the 4L60E is rated up to about 350 HP... You may want to think about beefing it up before you dump a 200 shot of nos into a 300+ HP engine sitting in front of it.

Moral of the story is, as I've learned by spending a lot of time at the tracks, getting lots of horsepower cheaply is how you break things.