LS Series Tech 1998-2002

02 camaro ss help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Gorn
35th aniversery is any Camaro built in 2002 (35 years after 1967) they are really not worth much more then a 2001. No one would clone a “35 anniversity” Camaro because the only way to do that is to change the vin number and forge a new title with the year change. Both are federal offences not to mention the state already has a copy of the original title so you would have to some how submit a forge title to the state so it could be transferred. (there is another 2 years in jail at the state level). If someone was going to risk all that they would not do it to a 02 Camaro. You would do it to a stolen German sports car or a 69 Camaro.
OK so I am tooling around KBB to check a price on an 02 and I was surprised to find they list the Coupe, the Z28 and the 35th Aniv edition. And get this in my area with the same option and milage the 35th is worth 2K more then the Z28. I never concider myself a 4th gen expert but how in the heck did I miss that. Now I need more info.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Less then 3400 made. I have not found what options they have other then the badges. They are numbered and tracable

http://www.35thle.com/aboutle.html
Update: Its just cosmedic with the possible exception being the Hurst short throw shifter in the 6 speed.

Estimated Production Figures
3,000 units will be built for the United States
152 units will be built for Canada
All will be SS models only

Options
Choice of Coupe or Convertible
All options are standard including traction control, 12-disc CD changer, rear defogger and removable roof panels on coupe and Hurst shifter when 6-speed manual transmission is specified

Engine
The 35th Anniversary Camaro WILL NOT HAVE AN LS6 ENGINE, regardless of rumors to the contrary

Special Trim and Features
Dual Heritage Stripes on hood, roof band and trunk (roof band on coupe is body color)
Special two-tone interior
Custom "35th Anniversary" embroidery on front seat headrests
Special wheel treatment
"35th Anniversary" badge on front fenders
Painted rear differential
Trophy mat
Owner portfolio

Last edited by Gorn; 05-26-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Update