Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

SLP... bar will now not fit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear member

the black bar from body to body is there to make the rear more solid and rigid. the red bar from rear to body is to hold the rear in a solid place, but the black bar is in the same bracket as the red bar for more support.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, so it is not really needed then? maybe if you were going to race, but not for normal driving then right? But like I said, when I put the SLP system on I had that brace off because i had just done differential work, so when I put the exhaust on the brace would not fit back up there..... Should have put the brace up first.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear member

well you basically need it for regular driving as well. like z28pete said it is a possibility while driving that you could lose the rear. in all honesty, i would not risk the possibility of doing sever damage like that and maybe getting into an accident to make a sacrifice for exhaust. you should talk to SLP about bc it should fit right in. they make their systems to go through and around things like that.