Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

hesitaion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default hesitaion

i just pu a 670 street avenger with a 50cc pump and 31 nozzle on my 400hp 355 and if you punch it from idle it wants to hick-up a few times before it go's and is this to much gas or not enough

Old 01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: hesitaion

Well from my personal dealings, a 50cc pump isn't necassarily needed... if you tune the acc. pumps correctly and set the lobe's on the adjustment cam, you can get a pretty straight up setup... Try adjusting the acc pump spring tension etc, the lobes.. Adjust ONE THING at a time... if you dial it too far out you will get confused and not be able to go back and re-do it. Slowly try and dial it in, making passes up the street... as one thing improves, make note of it and keep doing it until your hesitation goes away.

If you set the acc pumps to kick in sooner and it stumbles WORSE... it's getting too much fuel... If it stumbles less, it's getting too little fuel .. work with it and see how it goes