Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Does anyone have an exhaust cut out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Does anyone have an exhaust cut out?

Are they worth getting? Whats the purpose accept for trying to be quiet?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Does anyone have an exhaust cut out?

ummm...the purpose is so you can have your exhaust fully hooked up ( 'quiet' ) or open the exhaust up for performance

Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear member

We have electric cut outs on the Camaro. They are great. You are sitting at a light with the engine burbling through the mufflers and a ricer pulls up next to you and buzzes you. Simply push the button and open the cutouts. The idle gets really serious sounding all ofa sudden. Then you blip the throttle. The ground shakes. The ricer pees in his pants. Press the button again and close them before you attract too much attention and perhaps a cop or two or three. When the light turns green, drive off slowly and ignore the ricer.

Worth every penny.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 AM
2nd Gear member

i had an electric one on my Z28, the sound is complete garbage, i would say just get a catback

Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Overdrive Member

When you have cutouts and headers it sounds amazing, what are you talking about Nick? It just has the sound of open exhaust, my car sounded utterly amazing with open headers(anything that will shake the concrete floor of your garage at idle is awsome).

Old 02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
4th Gear Member

this guy have a V8? bc a V6 WILL NOT sound good w/ a cutout

Old 02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Its gonna be a V8. Im gonna get a Z28 or SS. I had a 97 z but got in a wreck in 04 and am about to get a new one. Just want to do more with it now that I am able to.
Thanks LeeWillis. The way you make it sound makes me Very eger to get one set up. ;-)

Old 02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

When you have cutouts and headers it sounds amazing, what are you talking about Nick? It just has the sound of open exhaust, my car sounded utterly amazing with open headers(anything that will shake the concrete floor of your garage at idle is awsome).
loud is cool i guess, but the sound with cutouts is far from good, a deep, muscular tone is much better IMO than just ridiculously loud

i would get my SLP loudmouths any day over the cutout now that i have heard the difference

Old 02-18-2007, 05:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

really? Ill have to check em both out.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Overdrive Member

I personally think the SLP system sounds way too hollow...it just doesn't sound quite right to me. On the other hand, I don't have mufflers of any type on my car, just some resonator tips, and I think it sounds perfect, loud but not obnoxious, and it sounds deep and full. Anyway, if you're driving around town with cutout open, it's rediculous, but they're nice for the track. My car sounded like a Pro-Stock car with open headers, I thought it was pretty cool, not for everyday driving though.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have an exhaust cut out?