Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Borla or Corsa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Question Borla or Corsa?

Just bought! New toy! Temporary Daily Driver till I find the right '97 Anniversary Rag (White/White/White w/ Orange Stripes)!

'95 Z Vert, Stock LTI -
Cat back, Borla or Corsa?

Experiences, interior drone, performance increase, etc. Give me your .

I'm leaning to Corsa, dual tips.

I want it to sound bad (classy not brutal) when I'm playin', perform good when I'm racin', and not hear it, with the top up or down, when I'm cruisin' (at 40 or 60 or 80 or 100). Can I do ALL THAT with one system?

Last edited by MyOtherRide'sAVette; 12-09-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

im goin with corsa.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyOtherRide'sAVette
Just bought! New toy! Temporary Daily Driver till I find the right '97 Anniversary Rag (White/White/White w/ Orange Stripes)!

'95 Z Vert, Stock LTI -
Cat back, Borla or Corsa?

Experiences, interior drone, performance increase, etc. Give me your .

I'm leaning to Corsa, dual tips.

I want it to sound bad (classy not brutal) when I'm playin', perform good when I'm racin', and not hear it, with the top up or down, when I'm cruisin' (at 40 or 60 or 80 or 100). Can I do ALL THAT with one system?
I dunno about being able to do ALL that with an exhaust system lol, unless you buy a custom exhaust you'll hear your engine no matter what, especially at the higher speeds.

I run Borla cat-back and it has a pretty decent sounding idle a nice low rumble and gets pretty decent as I go up in gears but my restrictor plate is wide open . You could go with Borla and up the airflow restrictor plate to make it quieter, but you'll obviously be sacrificing airflow and performance.

As far as interior drone goes I don't get much, maybe barely noticeable but I really have to listen for it to know it's there.

I don't have any experience with Corsa so I can't really say much about it but I'd assume there wouldn't really be much difference in HP increase, all depends on the airflow and I can't find a decent review between the two anywhere lol. I know Corsa engineers theirs with an emphasis on less drone.

Here's something interesting I found, though its mostly LS1s not LT1s :/

Corsa - http://ls1sounds.com/corsa.htm
Borla - http://ls1sounds.com/borla.htm

Hope that helps some

Last edited by imalixZ28; 12-10-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the comments and esp the links. Your input is greatly appreciated! Have a great day!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

No problem I will try, it's currently 2 degrees out with a -20 windchill so I'll be warming up to some hard apple cider and random tinkering with the maro in my garage

Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Yeah, you can have Chicago! Cold here in Houston too! Low 40's
Got an Ex there that was a radio personality for years, hope she's freezin' her @#* off!

BTW, Nice lookin' Z

Last edited by MyOtherRide'sAVette; 12-10-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, you can have Chicago! Cold here in Houston too! Low 40's
Got an Ex there that was a radio personality for years, hope she's freezin' her @#* off!

BTW, Nice lookin' Z
LOL I'm sure she is Is she still? I may have listened to her hahaha.

Thanks, I do what I can to keep her happy I've got a whole list of what I wanna get done come summertime. You should put some pics up so we can see what you're rollin in

Last edited by imalixZ28; 12-11-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 AM

Hey Buddy,

Yeah, pics one of these days soon!

No, she was "retired" by the station, an age thing I think. One of the easier listening stations, Mid Day maybe. "Margo Johnson". I think my "replacement" was also a Chicago radio personality "Doug Johnson".

Warmin' up here today, maybe 60, warmer over the weekend. Hope, for your sake, it warms a little there!

Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Buddy,

Yeah, pics one of these days soon!

No, she was "retired" by the station, an age thing I think. One of the easier listening stations, Mid Day maybe. "Margo Johnson". I think my "replacement" was also a Chicago radio personality "Doug Johnson".

Warmin' up here today, maybe 60, warmer over the weekend. Hope, for your sake, it warms a little there!
Ok yah I've never heard of her .

It has a little today, 17 with a high of 25 woo! lol I just want this to be over so I can get the t tops done and headers in and cruise