Interior Fuse Block questions

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:13 AM
Default Interior Fuse Block questions

95 Camo convert w/ 3400 V6, but I am currently experiencing problems with the power top and the power windows and radio.
These are all, fused by the interior fuse block. Initially I lost the driver's side control, but passenger side still worked. I have a new driver's side control ordered. I believe the power top and power windows are both fused by a 30 A circuit breaker, but I could not find any current to these positions on the fuse block, leading me to think I must have a "broken wire" somewhere between the battery and those terminals on the fuse block. So I am tearing apart the dash, to access the fuse block. What I have found is that there is only one wire running to these terminals. I was under the impression that a fuse/circuit breaker would be connected on the positive side, then the load/resistance and then the ground. There was no second wire running from that terminal. So not sure where to go from here. I had to walk away and do some more thinking on this, still no answers.

Old Today, 12:35 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check relays in under hood fuse box. not sure how the v6 system is set up, check junction box, red cover should be on the passenger side fender well. check for corrosion and clean all wire end connectors with wire brush if needed and look for bad connections from wire to metal connector. have you downloaded or purchased a factory service manual for your model and year?