General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Default need help

i just got the car all timmed new wires plugs cap it runnis but popin outthe carb soon as i give it gas motor is a 355 lots of work done in it the car was sitin for a 7r b4 i got it an put my motor in it just need it like it use to b has lots of ***** just popin now need it ready for race wars for satday

Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: need help

ok

Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Overdrive Member

Since the grammar in this post is extremely difficult to grasp, so I think I'll sum it up for everyone:

He just got the car all finished, new plugs, wires and a new cap. The car runs but it is backfiring out of the carb when he hits the throttle. The motor is a 355 with a lot of work done to it. The car had EDIT::sat for 7 years:: before he put the new motor in. He just needs it to be like it used to be, it has lots of ***** but it's backfiring. He needs it to be ready by Saturday.

aaannnddd... *cues input for carb tuning guys*

Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear member

[&:] silvr z i believe our typing challenged buddy meant yr for sittin for a year and not 7 for 700r4. either way hes gonna need to start looking at lean condition with accellerator pump or other carb problem, vacuum leak. he may want to consider checking for a flat cam as well these are probably the two most common causes of carb backfire if other basics have been verified kurt