General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heating and Cooling issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Heating and Cooling issues

I apologize in advance to anyone that follows my build thread as this is a repost. I figured I would put it on here as well in hopes of getting a wider viewing audience.

I am having an issue hooking up my coolant and heater system on my 572 in my camaro. I installed an electric water pump and am having an issue figuring out the plumbing. The old water pump had a port on the top of the pump that goes straight up into the thermostat housing on the intake manifold. The new pump does not have this port as you can see in the picture below. (it may look like the hose is installed but it isn’t)

Will I be able to plug this port in the intake manifold? I am worried that if I do this then when my thermostat is closed I will not get any circulation and develop hot spots and burn something out.

My next issue is where do I hook up my heater lines? I have been told that if you run an electric water pump you cant have a heater, I believe there has to be someone who figured out this little problem without using an ugly tee setup. The old setup on my 350 had one hose going into the water pump right beside the lower rad hose connection, again this water pump does not have this port either. The other heater hose ran to the port just left of the thermostat housing in the intake manifold which is no problem as I can install it in the same spot again.

If anyone could help here it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Name:  Cooling.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  127.3 KB