General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CAMARO RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: CAMARO RS

side this is not the section for tech questions but please post some picts of you ride and welcome

Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Default CAMARO RS

WHATS UP MY GEAR HEADS I HAVE AN RS IT HAS AN OVER HEATING PROBLIM I NEED HELP WITH THIS I HAVE TRYED EVREYTHING BUT IT STILL RUNS HOTTER THEN HELL SO TELL ME HOW DO I FIX THE PROBLIM[:@]

Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 PM

WHATS UO MY GEAR HEAD FRIENDS I HAVE A 96RS AND THE TRANS IS SLIPPING IN THERD GEAR IT LIKE IT LOSES PRESHER AND I HAVE TO LET OFF FOR THE PRECHER TO BILD BACK UP AGAN I AHVE HAD IT FLUSHED AND THAY TOLD ME IT NEEDED TO BE REABILT AND ONE MUCANIC TOLD ME IT WOS MY GOVNER THAT WOS COSING THE PROBILM SO HELP ME OUT

Old 05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
June 2007 ROTM

wow there is a first, we get a name thrown at us and then a demand for help.

try a opening other then "whats up gear head"

how about giving some details first. what have u done to help correct this problem? When does it get hot? How has it been doing this?

Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I put it where it belongs. Welcome to the forums. No need to use all caps, it makes me sad. The heating problem.... you said you have tried everything, obviously not or it would be fixed. Did you change the thermostat? How about removing it untill you get a new one. The tranny issue. You can search this forum for similar q&a or you can go to the motor section or the year/model section and ask there. Did the machanic use transmition conditioner when he refilled it? Did you test drive it after they did the work to seef ro yourself?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Overdrive Member

Don't remove your T stat and run it. It closes allowing the coolant in the radiator to drop in temp. If the coolant keeps flowing it just keeps heating. Besides, what do you think is over heating?
Do you have a service engine light on? Was the fluid dark and/or smell burnt in your trans before it was changed? The trans may be in need of a rebuild due to improper maintenace