General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CAMARO / Firebird question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: CAMARO / Firebird question.

being 16, the hardest part is not screwing around. im not scared of hurting myself, im worried more about wreckin the car. its the hardest thing you will ever do but dont screw around its not worth it. save messin around for merging or leaving a u-turn.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

i drive an 85 2.8

love the car and the v6 was a good way to start money and safety wise....i think having a v6 would be a better idea for you especially since u wrecked ur last car no offense...v8 would be too tempting to race/speed.

but on the other hand ive been driving mine for over a year now and all i can think about is swaping out my v6 for something better. i dont currently have the funds to do nething about that though

you on the other hand have some money to play w/. i suggest if u want a newer camaro get one w/ the 3.4, u can buy a nice one for around 5,000 depending on the condition/mileage, drive it for a while....get wheels, rims ext...make it look good and get to know the car, you'll appreciate the car a lot more and the urge to do stupid things will be greatly less just b/c u wouldnt wanna destroy what uve worked at. then u drop a v8 in it

that or get the 3.8, drive it for a while, supercharge it

Old 01-21-2006, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 85Camarodude

i drive an 85 2.8

love the car and the v6 was a good way to start money and safety wise....i think having a v6 would be a better idea for you especially since u wrecked ur last car no offense...v8 would be too tempting to race/speed.

but on the other hand ive been driving mine for over a year now and all i can think about is swaping out my v6 for something better. i dont currently have the funds to do nething about that though

you on the other hand have some money to play w/. i suggest if u want a newer camaro get one w/ the 3.4, u can buy a nice one for around 5,000 depending on the condition/mileage, drive it for a while....get wheels, rims ext...make it look good and get to know the car, you'll appreciate the car a lot more and the urge to do stupid things will be greatly less just b/c u wouldnt wanna destroy what uve worked at. then u drop a v8 in it

that or get the 3.8, drive it for a while, supercharge it
I agree completely. Get a 3.8 if you can. Really good car. You notice the better handling because of the much lighter motor, too.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanx for all the suggestions, HTe thing is I want to keep this car for a long time, so I don't want to get a V6 and then have to seel it later for a V8.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey again, I was wonderign what 98-02 camaro's, FIrebirds came with the LS1
for the firebirds is it: Trans AM, and WS6?
and for Camaros is it: SS, Z28? whats the diff between all the models