General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

bolt on order

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Default bolt on order

OK I have read many of the CF post on here about what to buy for the camaros many agree bolt ons first and hell with these new cars I think i agree with ya all but back in the day when engs where engs and an aif fillter change didn't increase ur hp by 10 to 20hp any ideals about what order u should start. I have an 97 z28 lt1 i beleave it to be bone stock i just order a k&n air intake, and i have found a maf ported and descreened and is 75mm also found a tbi thats is bigger, now im thinking replacing front to back and top to bottom, is adding all this air going to b like putting a 900cfm carb on a stock intake, with all this comp crap on these eng's these days it hard to know for sure if what ur doing is going to help or hurt ur hp, from what i have read on here i have come up with a good plan i think now this is without going internal, pls tell me what u guys think since u guys have been dealing with these new of cars longer then me. anyways heres my ideal let me know what ya think k call me stuiped if ya need but the more u tell me the more i will learn.air intake, bigger maf and tbi just a lil bigger next step up injectors,either chip it or reprogram it (IDEALS which would b better) headers (which brand is prefered) now on these new cars i have always beleaved a true dual exshust was best is the cat back better for the newer gen. I like it loud but good with good hp too. Now to answer some of ur ?'s first, money is/and is not a big deal but i would reather spend money on a good pruduct then there name, for instance summit has there name on a k&n air intake price 175.00 same kit on k&n web site 214.00 im cheap bought the summit one. now for what type of proformace i am looking for just exterior no internals later maybe. oh yes mileageis around 141xxx part of y im not doing internals whaen i have to take the eng out then i might really beef it up but man I have nightmares allready about getting that eng out of that car. LOL OK I am going to shut up now but 1 last thing i am in Cheyenne wy and its just over 5000ft here incase that helps. thanks for reading and hope ta hear from ya guys laters thanks. CJ