General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93+ camaro replacement body panels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006 | 06:22 PM
|
Default RE: 93+ camaro replacement body panels?

or was this car wrecked and should only be used for parts. I am pretty much jut looking to swap parts with this car and make this car the driveable one with no rust

Old 12-19-2006 | 06:53 PM

I had a bodyman from Hanson Collision look at the car in my storage unit this Falland he said the body is nice and straight. There are no signs of previous accident. I believe that your parts would bolt on to this car...but the cowl has been cut to remove the previous engine and transmission. You would need someone that could fabricate the repair. They said no big deal to fix.

However...It is going to be a lot of work to take your entire car apart andtransfer parts of it to my chassis. I thought you only wanted body panels to repair your car. That would bemuch easier.

Let me know before I start taking pictures of the underbody. Your project would cost several thousand dollars to complete. Unless you are doing the work yourself.

The best use of my chassis would be to take the nice panels and add them to a running vehicle.
The car has T-tops and an extra rear bumper cover (blue paint) that comes with it. I have used some front end parts to fix my other "running" 1997 Camaro. Items like front hub, struts. So it is not really 100% complete as a driveable car. It is a rolling chassis. Suitable for replacement parts.

Old 12-20-2006 | 02:41 AM
|

I figured it would cost some money. I did plan on doing most of the work myself with the help of my dad. He is a Auto Mach. for GM. I wanted the body that you have so I wouldnt have to deal with the rust, Do you think it would be cheaper to replace the rear panels rather then swaping parts from my car onto yours to make it driveable?

Old 12-20-2006 | 02:35 PM

You would need to talk to a mechanic or body shop regarding the project.

If you wanted to buy my chassis to have access to the body panels that would be perfect.

My car is very nice but not drivable. It is mainly a parts car.
If you were to buy 5-6 parts separately you could easily spend over $1000.00

It was cheaper for me to buy the entire car and get the parts that I wanted from it.
Now you have the same opportunity. You could sell some parts on E-bay if you like, or just re-sell the chassis to the next person that may need parts for their Camaro project. Several parts on this car will fit 1993-2002 Camaro models.

I have seen T-tops alone that sell for over $100.00 on E-Bay. This car has them and they are perfect!

Let me know if you have any further interest in this transaction. I will deliver the chassis on a trailer to your house (as previously quoted) but ONLY before any serious snow accumulation. My window of opportunity for travel is next week between Christmas and New Years.

Old 12-20-2006 | 11:55 PM
|

Ok well I think im just going to fix what I have then. I was originally thinking about just finding a replacment chassis and swapping parts but like you said above that could cost alot of money. I know a yard that I could get Quarter panels from for around 100 dollars. So thats no problem at all. I actually did find a website that sells replacment parts but are alittle expensive. www.yearone.com.

but thanks anyway

Old 12-21-2006 | 05:24 PM

No problem. Good luck with your project!