General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

The Results Are In

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 02:37 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default The Results Are In

Well the 4:11 gears and the mini spool made a difference but not quite what i was expecting. made three runs last night and broke the 100 mile an hour mark. my times didn't improve tho. pete you was right it spins worse now LMAO. i have got to get slicks now for sure. the torque is unbelievable tho. even with the spinning i gained 3 miles an hour. 14.6406 @ 100.56 MPH, 14.6403 @ 99.54 MPH, and 14.4244 @ 100.25 MPH. was hoping to break the 14 sec. mark but, breaking the 100 MPH mark will suffice for now. the rearend held together as well so thats an added bonus. if you read my post about all the slack i had, the darnest thing happened. after making the runs , the slack was gone. don't know where it went or how it left but the rearend feels just as it's suppose to now. a guy broke a starter and i gave him my spare so maybe the race gods smiled upon me. nevertheless seen a bunch of guys destroy their rides so i feel blessed. there isn't a soul that can tell me a built 305 won't hold up because i pushed it to the limit lastnight and it begged for more. gonna spring for slicks, a driveshaft loop, and a 2500 stall converter this month. maybe that will help me break the 14 sec mark. hope everyone is having as much fun as i am. drag racing rules. got some vids of a jet car that i'm gonna try and get uploaded and share with ya'll that thing was sick ... sick ... sick. sick

Old 06-25-2006, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: The Results Are In

sick, i really think that when you get the slicks and 2500 stall you will be running 13's, now all you need to do is get your traction worked out, your right man... DRAG racing rules!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Droid

Looks like you are getting some good power out of that 305, 13 second ET is very possible. What RPM are you turning across the finish line? Once you put on the slicks, you may want to keep some left side axles around. After you get the slicks sorted out, you may want to look at pre loading the right rear tire so that both rear tires provide equal push. A stiffer right spring of the same height or an air bag inside the coil work pretty good. Even though the spool makes both tires spin the same, the left tire is doing more work as the engine torque is trying to lift the right tire.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmm.. Wierd I got my car to run 13.8@100.56mph stock... Gonna have to go back to the track soon to see how much lower the numbers are.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM

Traction traction traction. Get some slicks and run. How many miles do you have on that rear end? Probably good to go just wondering cause I know you are supposed to break them in. What ratio do you f-body guys have from the factory??

Old 06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

yah ... noticed the right side wasn't leaving near the rubber the left side was. probably has alot to do with my shocks as well. i put drag struts on the front but left the rear alone. they are quite bouncy so i guess they are pretty much shot. definately need traction tho ... it is very slow leaving the line. the spinning is really hurting my reaction time as well. i noticed when i was running someone else that i jumped before they did but they actually had a faster reaction time according to the timeslip. the 4:11 put the torque through the roof. it's spinning twice as bad as it was but still gained some MPH. i'm gonna pull the rearend again and replace the carrier. i'm still not comfortable with the slack thingy. i'm almost positive it's from wear inside the carrier. pretty sure it's the original so it's probably about time. as far as RPMS it is so loose i haven't had the chance to look LOL. it spins pretty much through the 1/16 then loses traction again when shifting. i've tryed fancy footwork but, it doesn't help. i've pretty much wasted away the brand new street tires. a couple more runs and i'll have some slicks lol. mine had a 3:23 before i changed it out. left side axle? is there a diff? if so that may be the slack problem. i replaced one of the axles because i didn't like the looks of the splines. didn't pay any attention if it came from the left or right. sick

Old 06-26-2006, 07:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Nice, buit like ASUSMC TRACTION...