3rd Gear Member

for dude who doesnt know how, some basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86mx...98CDA&index=12

Old 01-18-2009, 12:13 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Spartan66
1. You are a massive tool...

2. You called yourself the drift king because you think losing traction in the snow in a RWD is some new accomplishment..

3. Camaro class? You make that up? Can you even find a Camaro class in drifting?

4. Oh and I may not have a Camaro, but atleast when I did I owned a REAL camaro. Not some cheap V6 imitation (sorry V6 guys... he askd for it)

5. Your not "professionally" drifting, you call yourself the drift king talk about how bad *** you are at drifting in the snow AND you do it on public streets where you could harm yourself or others... and im the "dweeb"

6. Who the hell says dweeb any more? Is Canada stuck with the trends of the 1990s USA?

7. just because you havent been in "Major" accidents (have you been in minor accidents?) doesnt mean you know what you are doing

8. YOU ARENT FRIGGIN DRIFTING! YOU ARE LOSING CONTROL OF A LITTLE V6 RWD CAMARO IN THE SNOW!!!!!! STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE YOUR SOME BADASS!

There, I think ive fully addressed this fool...
He is just stating what some of us are thinking. And for once i am going to totally agree. Drifting takes a huge amount of talent and control with massive amounts of pedal control. 95 percent of fools/tools that say they can drift can not. Doing donuts in a parking lot does not count, power slides do not count, e-brake slides, or sliding around in a wet parking lot IS NOT DRIFTING. Take a good second and watch some D1 videos on line watch how the cars transition from one corner to another and how much control they use going into the turns.

Second point that needs to be made. DRIFTING IS NOT FASTER THEN DRIVING THROW A TURN. Trying to drift around S turns may look cool and puts on one hell of a show but the fact is you lose a huge amount of speed and time drifting into a corner. One reason Tokyo drift makes almost no sense since they are "racing".

If you would have posted this different and just told a story about how you went out and played in the snow you would have gotten a much different response from people. Maybe in the future think about what you are trying to say by just wording a few things different this thread would have been a lot different.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear member

aight i agree with everything spartan said except for the whole v6 camaros arent real camaros. so what if its missing 2 cylinders. its still a camaro. i dont care if it has a lawnmower engine, its still a camaro. sorry spartan, but that was just ignorant to say that

Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Ninja Administrator

true.... i didnt catch the v6 thing. thats just ig'nit

Old 01-18-2009, 04:16 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

He did say he was sorry a head of time. What happened too my bucket

Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Ninja Administrator

a v6 camaro is a real camaro.....

Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

A V6 F-body is still a F-body i would agree a 4 cylinder F-body is still a F-body. Thats right little 2.5 i know your out there some where. The 4th gen 3.8 is not all that bad of engine when you look at the old 305 TBI making something like 180 horses 200 from a little V6 inst too bad. As you get up into the higher performance package model you have basically the same suspension as a Z or Formula plus the 3.42 LSD rear and a transmission built for a 350 HP LS1 makes for a near bullet proof package. Hell my 3.8 has almost 160K on her and my old 2.8 has 230,000 and has never had the valve covers off and that's after a few good years of abuse. All and all they are not bad cars and when you look at the price, insurance, and MPG vs a 350TPI, LT1 or even a LS1 its not a bad deal.

You also have to look to the future. The new V6 is a DOHC 24 valve monster reving out to 7 grand and making some thing like 305 HP and 270 torque with a 6 speed stick or 6 speed auto transmission. Not sure on track times but i expect to see them in the 13s very very very fast.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Im a first gear member now

V6 IS A CAMARO!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM
4th Gear Member

Ok, ok, V6 Camaro is a real Camaro. Im sorry I should have worded that better. In my opinion a V6 Camaro was ment for only a couple things, performance not really being its strong point. It was ment to be efficient, cheap (as in affordable) and still maintain a sporty look. Idk anything really about the V6 Camaros other than we just recently had a 94 V6 at the dealership with 38k original miles and it was pretty loud for a V6 but it was 6k and it needed new paint to look relatively nice.... Anyway, do they even have a posi rear end or are they one tire friers? Is the gearing the same as a Z28? Idk, unless you have a ton of money to throw into your V6 (like Musicman for example, his V6 is a real contender) your V6 Camaro doesnt have much in the way of performance and isnt really ment to be much more than a nice looking car, which since they are still Camaros, is what they are. Toned down versions of a nice looking car. Execept for Firebirds... not a fan of how they look... even the formulas..

Quick Reply: RACING IS FUN BUT DRIFTING IS FUNNER