General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

How often will I street race?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: How often will I street race?

about that bronco...maybe i missed it...but are we talking 9 seconds in the 1/4 or the 1/8th? just asking. and you could put together a 350 for pretty cheap. you say you get good deals for your 305 from lordco or whatever, do they not sell 350 parts? again, not trying to be an ***, just trying to help you out

Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear member

I NEVER said i knew everything, i was just telling that one jerk that he was WRONG about the 2 things he said i was wrong about. You would get mad at someone if they got poed at you and said you were wrong when your clearly right, wouldent you[&:]? So cbr, i dont think 305 is good, but i also dont have the money nor exspirence to swap in a new engine. Right now im just looking for a niice street cruiser, and if i come anywhere close to 325 horse, like those sites said, i would be happy. I can get everything i need for 600 bucks including a new 3.73 posi track, new heads, new GOOD cam. And with those parts, It should be OK for me to cruise on the streets. I might even go for 4.10 posi.

So stop thinking im all that bad, i came on here to figure our how many street races i would be in! Thats it, then once you guys figure out i have a 305, you flip then dont beleave me because ive been in a drag car and hit 9 second pass. Has any1 seen PINKS??? Because last night, a 16 yo hit 175mph and made a8 flat pass on the 1/4 mile, in his nova. (And yes i made the 9 sec pass on a 1/4 mile track) And your also getting mad because i went 160KPH on my quad........ its NOT that fast> to me.. I know many adults that wouldent come close to following me. But thats because i drive stupidly fast witch is very STUPID, and i know that but i could care less when im out in the country. And for whoever said polaris dont hit 70mph/100kph, you need to go on atvforums.com and get HELP. And with my turbo i hit around 140-160.... kph ovisioly!

So im done, Dont get mad, i know what your saying is right if you have the money, but i dont have that amount of $$$ for a new crate engine.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Alih

why are you getting all flat butt hurt about this ?

and i dont remember ls1s13 ever lieing
youre joking right?

Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

c4maro...wouldn't you be sad if you bought these parts for your 305 and didn't get anywhere near 325? i never said buy a crate engine...i said buy a used 350 from somewhere and drop it in. you say you don't have the experience to do something like that, well thats why we do it in the first place, to learn. sounds like you have plenty of people that do know how to do it that i'm sure would help you. but if you're dead set on working on your 305 then more power to you. to each their own

Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: RS96LSU

youre joking right?
no

Old 01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Alih, get a life? Leave RS96LSU out of this, if you want to get pssed off at someone, why not just keeping harping on me. Nothing stopped you before!And i love how you haveNO! reasonto get psed at me too!! Its funny

Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Overdrive Member

get a life ? dude youre 15 dont talk

Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear member

STOP BEING SUCH A JERK THEN!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Droid

A gutted cat is the only way, and as whammer said, if you don't have one you need to install one, and then gut it.
Seriosly, the 305 was designed as smog engine, narrow bore and long stroke to promote cleaner exhaust. This configuration restricts the size of valves that will fit, and the close proximity of the valves to the cylinder wall shrouds the valves enad restricts breathing. The only way outreduce the shrouding isto use heads with valves angled away from the cylinder wall. Problem is that no one is making them.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: RS96LSU

youre joking right?
no
wow. how did u miss that? just go back and read the "pack of ricers" thread in street/strip

Quick Reply: How often will I street race?